New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Searching returns blog posts and pages if you press "view all results"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
    Nikolaj

Hi there.

When I press enter if I enter a search term in the search bar, it shows me the products perfectly, but if I press “View all 3 results” it shows a lot more. Both blog posts and pages with the keyword are included, and the products as well, however, they are not shown as products, but seems to be shown as posts in the result page.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

You need to go to Theme Options > Header Options and for the search set to only search products

– Kyle

Nikolaj

Hi again.

It’s already turned on, as you see, when I press enter, it returns products only, but if I click the “Show all x results” it shows everything anyway!

Attachments:
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Ahh yes I see what you mean, I’ll forward this to the developer to see if there’s anything we can do about that

– Kyle

iamlard

Not strictly a ‘blog posts and pages’ query but how do I remove the date, comments, and favourites bar, and replace it with the name and price when you search products. The link below shows what we currently have:

http://cloudsandcurrents.com/?s=box

I need to amend the bar under the product so it just shows product name and price instead. I’ve already selected ‘Products’ as the search option within ‘Header options’, but is this something that I can do via the individual products or as a whole for search queries?

Thanks!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @iamlard

If you check in Theme Options > Header Options, you can set the header search post type to products. This will then provide the following search page: http://cloudsandcurrents.com/?s=box&post_type=product

Hope that helps.

– Ed

Nikolaj

So, what about my initial question? Iamlard, you could have posted your question separately.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @Nikolaj,

Apologies for missing that. I’ll get that sorted, we’re providing a new update today or tomorrow and I’ll ensure this is included.

– Ed

iamlard

Apologies @Nikolaj, I’m new to the forum and was trying to find a post that resembled my question. Ed, I’ve already selected ‘Products’ as my header search post type (see attached image) but am still getting info as if it’s a Blog post. Any ideas?

Attachments:
    Kyle – SUPPORT

See Ed’s previous comment

– Kyle

iamlard

Thanks Kyle,

Sorry for the confusion but I’m not sure about what I haven’t done in relation to Ed’s post?! I’ve already set the header search post type to ‘products’ and am still seeing the comments, favourites and dates appearing below each product when searched.

http://cloudsandcurrents.com/?s=box

Kyle – SUPPORT

“Apologies for missing that. I’ll get that sorted, we’re providing a new update today or tomorrow and I’ll ensure this is included.”

– Kyle

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @iamlard

Are you searching from the header, or somewhere else?

– Ed

iamlard

Hi Ed,

I’m searching from the Header – Image attached of search bar with magnifying glass bottom right. Thanks for your help!

Attachments:
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

That doesn’t look like standard theme code – I assume there has been changes made to add that, and as such that needs to be modified to pass in the post_type parameter. We are unable to support customisations.

– Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register