Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Posted in: Uplift
    micheal_w

Hi guys,

I am experiencing a rather strange issue with the search option.

Firstly in the theme option Header Search Post Type section I chose PRODUCTS only.

However, for example if I type the word ‘shorts’ in the search field, products will be included in the results with no ‘shorts’ word in the title neither in the description whatsoever. (link above). And this is same with many other keywords. Sometime the search is correct, but many times it includes result without any keyword in the description / title.

Any idea why is this?
    Would it be possible to reduce the search ability only in product titles? Or any other recommendation?

Thanks in advance!

David Martin – Support

Are you using any other Search related plugins to alter this?

The search functionality is the default WordPress search.

If you want to extend the WP search functionality you can use the Relevanssi plugin, but you will need to work with a developer to full setup the plugin/integrate this.

The main modification is search result count, it need’s needs to be changed. Ie, 0 Results will always show, even if there are results returned, full article: https://www.relevanssi.com/knowledge-base/found-posts/

Please read up on their KB: http://www.relevanssi.com/category/knowledge-base/.

Thanks,
    David.

micheal_w
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

Actually, I am not 100% sure why that “fuzzy” matched result is there, I do not see any content related to the search term for the post you mention, other than within the related products – though I don’t believe that is weighted in the default WP search. The Relevanssi plugin would likely help you have more relevant results.

Thanks,
    David.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.