New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Theme Support Cardinal – Feature Request Search display options for products

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    Pothe

Hi,
    If users search with the search option the results page displays the results like post content. We need to have a result page that display products like a shop view.

I’ve selected the search to only show products. But the view of the results page is no good for a shop.

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

Try this, open up search.php at line #26 you saw a line like this

<?php sf_base_layout('archive'); ?>

change that to

<?php woocommerce_get_template( 'archive-product.php' ); ?>

I also, forward this to our developer to confirm this, and if possible add this feature in the future updates. Thanks for notify us.

Let us know,

Thanks,
    laranz.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hey there.

Alternatively to the above, and maybe a better option, please check Theme Options > Header Options > Header Search Post Type

If you set that to Posts, then the header search will trigger the products search archive.

– Ed

Pothe

Hi Ed,
    Not sure I follow.
    heme Options > Header Options > Header Search Post Type

Options are:
    ALL
    Products (not posts)

I had this set to products and the search results display as set in the archive settings. This is not what I want.

I want the search results for products to display a product grid.

I’ll try Laranz’s suggestion. But it should be theme functionality to display the product grid for product searches.

Thanks guys

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Setting to ‘products’ show show the product grid layout instead of the general archive layout. Are you using the latest version?

– Kyle

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Cardinal – Feature Request’ is closed to new topics and replies.