New Landing How can we help? Atelier Search Changes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    Ian

Hi Guys,

Looks like there has been a change in search functionality, my overlay search is now only returning posts in search not pages etc. I took a look and there is nothing selected in options under “Header Search Post Type”. By the way I would suggest making that a multi select option instead of one or all. It would be even better if you could drag and drop the order/

In the past I have done some work to control the responses in the overlay search you can see in this post. Just a note none of this code is on the site in question here.

David Martin – Support

Hi Ian,

Nothing has changed from what I am aware, equally nothing is present of our version control relating to this.

What search term are you using, will need to replicate. Will take a look on my dev version also.

The option to choose multiple post types for search is interesting, though it may pose some issues styling item output for post types such as products.

Thanks.

Ian

If you search on this site http://jealous-expert.flywheelsites.com/ and search for the word “solution” you only get one result in posts. The word solution appears in many pages. IF you search for “ACE” you get three posts as results but the word occurs in all pages.

On this site http://sandboxes.iansterne.ca/sandbox9/ if you search for tea you get no results, as there is no blog. I used to get search results under the headings op Pages, Products & Herbs a custom post type.

-Ian

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

Hi Ian,

Your site has a 500 server error stopping from the AJAX for running and returning results:

Please open your wp-config.php file and add this: define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Thanks,
    David

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.