New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Uplift revslider doesn't say it needs an update

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Uplift
    WEswift

Team – I’m having issues with Revslider declaring when it needs an update. I recognize that’s the purpose of the Appearance > Install Plugins area BUT I utilize Infinite WordPress to maintain around twenty websites. This management tool isn’t told when the plugin needs to be updated and it’s been causing issues. It seems like the other theme installed plugins are getting updated as they should. Is this something that can be remedied in the theme, or is this a question for Revolution Slider plugin developers? Thanks in advance! -Paul

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Are you talking about the plugins page or the Appearance-> Install plugins.

Can you provide us admin access to have a look?
    Thanks

-Rui

WEswift
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster
    WEswift

Rui – This plugin is at the latest version because I updated this plugin by hand. The problem is that I have to login to the site to do this. BUT I really need this plugin to show as needing an update in Infinite WordPress, because I maintain 20 sites. When one or two plugins aren’t getting updated everyday it creates a security risk. Thoughts? -Paul

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

I wasn’t understanding that. we don’t limit or restrict any update notice from any plugin.
    We don’t know how Infinite WordPress tool works, every plugin that is available in the WordPress repository will automatically show the update notices.

Not sure how it works for the 3rd party plugins that aren’t hosted online, since the plugins that aren’t in the WordPress repository are paid plugins guess that’s one of the reasons to don’t provide updates if you don’t have a valid license(our extended license included in the theme doesn’t allow that).

I think Revolution Slider must have some kind of limitation since they offer automatic updates has part of the benefits of purchasing a license(among the demo content, etc)

-Rui

WEswift

Rui – thanks, I’ll keep investigating.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

No problem. You can also try to ask them in the comments section of the codecanyon.

https://codecanyon.net/item/slider-revolution-responsive-wordpress-plugin/2751380/comments

-Rui

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.