New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Revolution slider / homepage

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    creatorofstuff

Hi! I just got Neighborhood and I love it. I’m feeling bad that I already have to ask two questions, but I’m struggling.

1. REVOLUTION SLIDER – I set the grid settings to auto responsive, and 960px by 320px, a 3-1 aspect ratio. I have loaded one image so far, and it is exactly the same aspect ratio as the grid settings for my slider. However, when I view the slider on the page, it is cropping the bottom of my image. I can’t for the life of me figure out what is going wrong.

2. In the page builder I used the prebuilt page for “homepage 7”. Then I put the Revolution slider at the top. With or without the slider, I still see the grey section with the page name and the breadcrumb trail above the slider. But I see in your demo it is not there. How do I disable that for the homepage? (I apologize if have missed this in the documentation. I really did look!)

Thank you so much. I love your theme options interface, and your page builder features. ๐Ÿ™‚

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Glad you’re enjoying the theme. Questions are bound to pop up, so feel free to ask them – we’re here to help!

1) Can you provide a link so that I can see the slider?

2) Check the page meta options (below the page builder). You can disable the page title there.

– Ed

creatorofstuff

Thank you so much for your kind response. I’m feeling very much like a fish out of water here. (I’m not a WordPress web developer, just a person trying to build one’s own website, so bear with me.)

2) THANK you! I see that now. Perfect.

1) As for the slider, things have gone from wierd to wierder. When I use the page builder, and put in the Revolution slider, using the alias, then view the page, it does not appear at all. However, if I then go into “classic editor”, and put in the short code for the slider, when I view the page there are TWO sliders, one on top of the other. But if I remove my short code for the one slider, they both disappear again.

Here is what the code looks like when you can see the sliders:

[rev_slider home-slider]

[spb_revslider revslider_shortcode=”home-slider” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”] [impact_text include_button=”yes” button_style=”standard” title=”Buy now” href=”/features/” color=”accent” size=”normal” type=”roundedarrow” target=”_self” position=”cta_align_right” alt_background=”alt-seven” el_class=”mb0 mt0 bt0″ width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]

And here is what it looks like when the slider does not appear (this is the code placed by the Swift Page Builder):

[spb_revslider revslider_shortcode=”home-slider” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”] [impact_text include_button=”yes” button_style=”standard” title=”Buy now” href=”/features/” color=”accent” size=”normal” type=”roundedarrow” target=”_self” position=”cta_align_right” alt_background=”alt-seven” el_class=”mb0 mt0 bt0″ width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]

What is very interesting about this is that after I posted my original question above, I attempted to upload the demo data (per the suggestion of someone who was trying to help me with another issue). I had many problems, and to make a long story short, ended up completely deleting my website, data base, etc. and re-installing WordPress and the theme again. I tried again, unsuccessfully to upload the alt data. Some of it worked but not most of the images. Which means that many of the pages didn’t work, like the home pages, shop pages, etc. Anyway, before I deleted and reinstalled, the Revolution slider did appear with the Swift Page Builder. But after, it didn’t.

I’m sort of taking one step forward and two backwards. Or maybe just two backwards.

So here is the page with the first block of code:
    http://sassypantsdesign.com/home-2/

Here is a test page with the image as it should appear. Note that you can see at least some of the noses of the two middle dogs, unlike in the slider. You can see that the dogs are not as short and fat.
    http://sassypantsdesign.com/test-page/

Just in case it’s relevant, the grid size set for the slider is 960 x 350. I made the image the same size, but 150 ppi (for the retina feature). So the aspect ratio should be correct.

creatorofstuff

Ok, so I’ve been working on this and discovered the part about turning on auto include in global settings (in the comments section on Themeforest). So now I see why the slider wasn’t appearing in with the page builder. So that problem is all solved.

I also figured out that the default grid size of 960 x 350 was doing crazy things to my image because of the 1200px width of the theme container. So I changed it to 1200 x 350, made a new image that size, and it works. However, only if I use “custom”. If I use “responsive”, it crops the bottom again. But I think I can live with custom.

I’m sorry to have bothered you with this. I think at least this issue is under control. Whew.

Very excited to get going with this gorgeous theme. ๐Ÿ™‚

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

No worries, glad you sorted it!

Enjoy.

– Ed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register