New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Revolution Slide Not Working On Website

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    Bradley

Hello,

The revolution slider is not working on mobile devices.

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bradley

Now my entire site isn’t working, please help!

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

It seems that you are using some kind of plugin that is displaying a different theme when viewed in mobile.
    Can you confirm?

-Rui

Bradley

Not that I’m aware of. It seems to periodically work then not work.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

That is a script that is enabled on your server, you need to ask your hosts to remove that

– Kyle

Bradley

Can you tell me what that script is?

Kyle – SUPPORT

I’m not sure, it’s some sort of mobile site plugin. It’s enabled on some servers, as you can see at the bottom it says ‘view full site’ then it shows what it should (our theme)

– Kyle

Bradley

I’ve contacted my webhost, Hostgator, but I’ve been put in a que. I disabled the responsiveness of theme and that seemed to make the errors go away, but now the website looks horrible on a mobile device. Are you sure it’s on the server side?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes we are sure , this is not theme related.

Probably Go Mobi software.
    http://support.hostgator.com/articles/hosting-guide/publish-your-site/gomobi/create-a-mobile-website-with-gomobi

This is what I’m seeing now resizing the desktop browser. This is how it’s suppose to look in the mobile.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/91c5q6oe5x7h5y3/mobile_screenshot.png?dl=0

-Rui

Bradley

Below is their response. Sure enough I disabled the Revolution Slider and the site works perfectly fine on mobile devices now. Is there any other option to get a full response image with a button without using Revolution Slider? I’ve had issues with that plugin on several occasions. Here’s example of the site with those feature without a revolution slider, https://www.ondeck.com/.

Having checked in to this, I’ve been able to determine that the observed behavior is happening due to the coding of one more installed components of the WordPress site in /home4/bradley/public_html . In order to confirm this, I backed up the site database and then proceeded to temporarily disable all plugins. I’ve noticed that after having taken that step, the version displayed by the mobile side matches the regular site exactly, which further confirms this. This suggests that one of the plugins present in the script is causing a problem.

To this end, what you may want to consider doing next is disabling all plugins, and reenabling them one by one to determine which one in particular is at fault, so that you can look to address this by removing, updating, or reconfiguring the offending component. The error given stronlgly suggests that this might be on account of the “Revolution Slider” component, so you might want to look to see if that can be replaced, or else approach the makers of that plugin to see if they have a suggested workaround:

[showcase_layerslider revslider_shortcode=”slider2″ width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”] [divider type="standard" text="Go to top" full_width="no" width="1/1" el_position="first last"] [box type=”whitestroke” pb_margin_bottom=”yes” width=”1/4″ el_position=”first”]

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Bradley

It was actually the JetPack Plugin, my apologies. However I’d still like to get rid of the revolution slider if you can help.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

If you want to remove the rev slider then just disable it? I’m afraid it’s not our job to help you find an alternative plugin

– Kyle

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register