New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint Responsive Page Sizes & Thumbnail Preview Problems

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    sunshine

Hi,

I’ve attached some images of the same webpage at different responsive page widths – the preview box sizes are a bit inconsistant.

Ideally, I would like all the preview boxess to be the same size and also to fill the space without the background colour appearing.

Any ideas what are causing these problems?

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

The grid layout used in the theme needs to have image placeholders fixed in size, to create a consistent design.

Using images that are not square can result in this, so I’d suggest using this plugin for thumbnails: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/post-thumbnail-editor/

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

sunshine

Ah, that’s a shame – would really have wanted to keep video previews as creating a thumbnail for them is an extra step that I’d really want to avoid doing.

Same issue with images – I want to avoid that extra step of creating separate thumbnails. Will this plugin enable me to set do this globally or will I have to manually set the thumbnail size for each image/post?

RE: Responsive page sizes. At full browser size the video previews are all the same ratio but one of them changes when the page size is reduced – is this a bug or a an issue with the actual video link?

Cosmin – SUPPORT

For images, you shouldn’t need to create separate thumbnails, they are already defined as image sizes by the theme. It would only apply to videos, as they keep that aspect ratio.

Do you mean only one of your videos changes in aspect ratio? What device are you viewing it on?

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

sunshine
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

Checked the site.

Regarding images, they don’t fully cover the container they’re in because the original uploaded image looks to be to small in height. Images in there are set by our theme to be 100% the width of that red container, but the height is set to “auto”, so that the proportions are kept. Uploading bigger images should fix that.

The problem with the video on smaller resolutions is with the embed code itself – that Vimeo video is forced embedded at 165px in height and our theme cannot override it, thus the issue.

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register