New Landing How can we help? Atelier Removing product from cart while on checkout page = instant crash

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    Saskia

Apologies if this has already been brought up.

I’ve picked up a major bug which is causing the browser to crash. Tried it on dekstop, mobile and tablet, and it crashes on all devices. Basically, if you’re on the checkout page and you view your cart contents from the cart icon, try to remove a product from the cart overlay, the browser instantly locks up and crashes.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Will forward this to the developer

– Kyle

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

can you provide us your site url and admin access so we can look at it further?
    Use the private reply

Thanks

-Rui

Saskia

Unfortunately I can’t give you access to the website as it’s behind a firewall and only accessible internally. I don’t think it’s a problem which is unique to my setup anyway because I’ve tried it on your live demo site and it also crashes when doing the same thing.

Saskia

In case it helps, here is a list of the plugins I have installed:

Wordpress 4.2.1

Breadcrumb NavXT v5.2.0
    Contact Form 7 v4.1.2
    Revolution Slider v4.6.9
    Swift Framework v1.03
    WooCommerce v2.3.8
    WooCommerce Offline Credit Card Processing v1.7.0
    WooCommerce Quickview v3.0.7
    WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping v3.6.1
    YITH WooCommerce Wishlist v2.0.6

It’s a fairly fresh install and uses minimal plugins. Also, the account and checkout pages are using HTTPS.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

In that case and focusing on the scenario that you said that is happening in our site demo, would it be possible for you to do a screencast video recording all the steps until it crashes.

Clear your cache before doing this.
    Thanks

-Rui

Saskia

I’ve attached a quick screencast recording which shows me removing some items from the cart with no problems, then I go to the checkout page and try to remove an item and it crashes. I’ve tested this in multiple browsers, and on various devices and it always crashes under the same situation.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Saskia

If I may offer a suggestion, the action of removing items from the cart at the checkout page shouldn’t really be allowed, so maybe a solution might be to disable the cart popup on the checkout page. That way, if you need to change or remove any items you’re forced to go back to the cart page.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and the video. Last night I went ahead and manage to reproduce the error.

He already got a solution for it. We still show the cart in the checkout page but if you try to remove a product we will redirect to the cart so the products can be managed again before checkout.

We are sending a new update that already goes with this fix. Probably will be released today.

thanks again for making the video.
    -Rui

Saskia

Brilliant, thanks Rui.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

No problem. The update didn’t come out yet, we are just waiting for one last fix to send the update, but it will be in this next couple days.

thanks

-Rui

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register