New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint Remove ?portfolio= from URL structure

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    AuthenticUK

Hi guys, great site!

For SEO I would like to remove the ?porfolio= parameter from URLs – can this be done? I really like what you’ve done with the portfolio posts, but want them to look clean to Google.

Bw

Carina

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi Carina,

You would need to edit a theme file. There still needs to be something in there, it can’t be completely removed, but at least let’s try and make it look nicer, as in /portfolio/some-project ๐Ÿ™‚

Open includes/custom-post-types/portfolio-type.php and, on line 48, change this:

'rewrite' => false,

to this:

'rewrite' => array( 'slug' => 'portfolio' ),

Of course, you can name it whatever you like and that will be your portfolio base URL, as long as you don’t have another page/post with the same URL slug.

Regards,

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

jefreje

Hello there!!

I did what you said about changing the url and it works very well, but after change it, i just see a 404 error page…

I ve tried to clean the cache of the browser but nothing changes.

Any idea?

Regards,

Jesus

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hello Jesus,

After doing the change, try visiting your Settings/Permalinks page in WordPress and let me know if it’s still generating that 404.

Regards,
    โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

Cosmin – Support

jefreje

Yes, now working correctly!!

Thank you again,

Regards,

Jesus

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Cool, glad to hear that Jesus ๐Ÿ™‚

If you like the product and support, please take a moment to rate our theme in your ThemeForest downloads area, we would greatly appreciate it!

Regards,

Cosmin – Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register