New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Remove "By [author] on" from template files

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    bn86

Hello,

I’ve seen a few other people posting about this, but there were no real solutions.

The issue is that single author blogs don’t want to show the author’s name on every single blog entry shown in the page builder asset, archive, category, and search results pages.

It can’t be hidden with CSS, without losing the Date too. I’ve tried copying the template files to the child theme and removing the unneeded code, but these changes seem to be ignored. Is there a proper way to do this? Ideally it would be an option in the theme options, but in the meantime any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think the code in question is:

<?php printf(__('By %1$s on %2$s', 'swiftframework'), $post_author, $post_date); ?>

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve got this on the list for an option to add in v1.3, due out first week of Jan.

– Ed

greghuntoon

Was this ever implemented in the theme?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Yes, in Theme Options you can set to single author

– Kyle

bentraynham

I’m not seeing an option to remove the author name from the Swift Framework Recent Posts widget. Please see attached screen shot. I am wanting it to just show the date and not the “By Dr. Kathe Ana” part.

If this hasn’t been included as an option yet, can you please provide the code snippet for me to add to the child theme functions.php file to remove the author name?

Thanks,
    Ben

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

It is in the Theme Options, under Blog Options

– Kyle

bentraynham

I have already tried using the Blog settings in the Theme Options and it’s not solving the problem. The attached screenshot shows what I currently have it set to and it’s still showing the author name in the ‘Swift Framework Recent Posts’ widget (see previous screenshot from above). Please propose a different solution or provide the code to override it in the child theme’s functions.php file. Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok open up dante/swift-framework/widgets/widget-posts.php and edit line 76

– Kyle

bentraynham

Kyle, I know that is where to edit the code, but I do not want to overwrite my changes the next time I update the theme. If this is the solution, can you provide me with the code snippet that I can add to the CHILD THEME’s functions.php file? (not trying to be rude, but this is the 3rd time I’ve asked)

I’m just not experienced with overriding PHP in child theme’s so if you can help me with what needs to be added to the functions.php file, I’d be forever grateful.

Thank you in advance,
    Ben

Kyle – SUPPORT

That file is not overwritable in the child theme, therefore you will have to make the change in the parent theme. I have informed the developer that the author still shows up when using single author blog, we will hopefully fix this for the next update

– Kyle

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register