New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Clique Related Articles Issue

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Posted in: Clique
    trjnr

Hi Guys, when a blog post loads the below section of ‘related articles’ it shows the thumbnail incorrectly on images that are not standard shapes or are not sliders.

In other words – how do you set the images for related articles when the articles main image is not a standard box shape.

The issue only arises when slider images are present or oddly shaped ‘skyscraper’ shaped images.

Please advise ASAP.

Image below:

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi!

This does not happen on our installations, so if you need help with a specific problem on your website, I would always need to see your site live please.
    Could you tell me your website URL please? You can do so by typing it into a reply.
    If you want to send a private reply that only you and the admins can see it, please scroll down and enable the checkbox to do so.

Also, we might need to check the backend of your website, so to speed things up, could you let me know your login details please?

Thanks and cheers!

trjnr
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Melanie – SUPPORT

I cannot find the site where it happens, can you send me a link please?

trjnr
    This reply has been marked as private.
    trjnr

Hi Melanie, a link was provided above, do I have to wait another 48hrs now for a reply?

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi ,

I believe Melanie meant what page do we see this occurring so we can provide you a css fix.

Thanks
    Tahir

trjnr

Hi Tahir,

The clique theme only presents related articles on single blog posts. The issue is site wide. Please rectify ASAP. This issue was raised nearly a week ago now. The level and speed of support is bordering on extremely slow.

Thank you.

Tahir – SUPPORT

Yes i understand it’s site wide but if you can provide a specific link where the issue is occurring right now , i can help you out. I checked a few blog posts and did not see any thumbs appearing as they are in your screenshot

Thanks

trjnr
    Tahir – SUPPORT

i am getting console errors. could you try deactivating the plugins and check if you get the same issue. Try turning off facebook plugins.

trjnr

All plugins with any social sharing have been deactivated. The key images that are not being shown are any blog posts that do not have a static image such as sliders or videos.

Obviously video posts cannot serve up a thumbnail if one is not provided, so why is the ‘related posts’ function trying to display a thumbnail that obviously does not exist?

I have attached once again a screen shot of the issue. Please login as the details have been provided.

This ticket was opened over three weeks ago now. Please rectify this ASAP. This is holding back my launch schedule for the site.

Thank you.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @trjnr

Apologies for the amount of time this has been ongoing for, I’ve only just personally seen it.

The way the related articles works is to use the featured image that is set for the post, which is different to the thumbnail image you set. We do this as the related articles image is obviously smaller, so we decided to set it up to use the featured image as you could set a different image.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register