New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Regular slider question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    klamathriverkeeper

I’d like to use the regular “slider” function appearing in the dashboard so that I can put text below the image, and because i don’t need fancy graphics. I’m having trouble getting this slider to work. I started by adding it to a “text box” content element.  I’ve added several slides and assigned them to a group, but when I view, only one shows and there are no buttons leading to the additional slides in that group and no way to get to these.  Also, there is no padding between the text on each slide and the border of the text box element.  Is it that the regular slider is functional and I’m just making mistakes? Or am I barking up the wrong tree trying to make it work?

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

If you’re using the Revolution Slider element, you don’t need to add it in a Text element, it won’t work like that.

For the other slider (created under “Sliders”), you have Slider Options for pages, where you can enable it.

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

klamathriverkeeper

Thanks. Is it possible to use the regular slider (NOT revolution) in a text box and retain it’s functionality?  I’m wanting to use it not as a full page slider, but in a smaller format via a 1/2 column text box.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Unfortunately, no. You can only set it in the Slider Options for a page.

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

klamathriverkeeper

Actually, it does work! I just had the slide limit set to 1 in the shortcode. The only glitch in using a slider inside a text box is there isn’t padding between the caption text and the edge of the slider.  You can see it in use on the left here: http://www.klamathriver.org/wp/

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Sorry, was tired last night 🙂

To add some padding, add this custom CSS in the theme options:

.slide-content h4 {
        padding: 0 20px;
    }

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register