New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform registered sidbares disapears after upgrade

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    sommar

Hi guys,

I have made a complete update (wp, plugnins & theme) on a site that has Flexform as theme. Flexform was updated from 1.62 to 1.70.
    To get more sidebars we use the regsiter_sidbar function in the functions.php placed in a child theme. But something broke after doing the update because only a few of the sidebars registered in functions.php are showing up. Since I do the update in a dev environment I could take the theme files from the live site and “reverse” the theme update. After that all sidebars registered in functions.php appear again. So my conclusion is that something has change in the theme that limits the amount of registered widgets. How can I fix this problem?

Many thanks

Henrik

David Martin – Support

Hi Henrik,

There should be nothing limiting this, best to add your WP URL and login for the dev site so we can take a closer look.

Thanks.

sommar
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

Please give the login full admin rights. I can only view my WP profile. I need to be administrator level.

Please also run all available updates.

Thanks.

sommar

Hi Dabvid,

My bad. I missed to set the rights. You have now admin rights.

All updates are done.

Thanks a lot!

David Martin – Support

Hi,

This is caused by your child theme. Calling sidebars must be in lowercase since WP4.4.

Please look at your child theme footer.php, you will see the naming is no longer correct. For example, this:

<?php dynamic_sidebar('Footer Column 1'); ?>

Needs to be updated to this, lowercase and separated by a dash -:

<?php dynamic_sidebar('footer-column-1'); ?>

Please check the parent theme files to see the difference.

Thanks.

sommar

Hi David,

The footer.php in the child theme is updated but it didn’t solve the problem. I understand that the update is necessary due to the new version of WP but I don’t think the error that i get is related to this. When i started to update the whole site I updated to the version 4.31 which was current then.

If you open functions.php in the child theme and look at registered sidebars there and compare it to the list of sidebars in the Widget admin panel you see that it is only the eight last sidebars in the functions.php that shows up after the normal theme sidebars. That puzzles me and makes me think it is a limitation somewhere. Note that the problem appeas when I did update the theme as a last thing after having updated WP (to 4.31 and all plugins.

Thanks Henrik

David Martin – Support

Hi,

This is likely how you are registering the new sidebar areas. Please add your FTP details also so I can safely view the files.

Thanks.

sommar
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    I have managed to resolve it so please check.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

sommar

Hi Mohamad,

it looks much better. I still miss one sidebar which is “Manchester”. Also many widgets has become inactive but I guess I can put them back quite easily to the correct sidebar.
    But what changes did you do? This site is a dev site so I need to apply the changes made to the live site.

Many thanks

Henrik

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please open to edit functions.php file of child theme. There is code line like:-

“id”=> ‘sidebar-right-1’

I inserted this line code to each register_sidebar code.

Thanks
    Mohammad

sommar

Hi again,

I looked in functions.php in the child theme and found a typo in the registration for Manchester. I corrected it and it shows now.

Do you have a clue why the widgets were dropped out from the sidebars and became inactive? Is it because they lost their id’s due to the fact that now the id is set in functions.php?

/Henrik

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Sidebars are lost due to ids that included in new wordpress upgrade.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

sommar

Ok, Thanks.

Problem solved! Thank you so much!

Have nice Christmas!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register