New Landing How can we help? Atelier Recent posts thumbnails still varying in height

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    aimeandalex

Hi, I posted a while ago using my old username to say that a site I was helping with had inconsistent thumbnails. At the time I thought it was because the blogger import had brought in images the wrong size and when I replaced a few it fixed them.

My friend put the site on hold for a few months but now we’re looking at it again and despite adding brand new images, they’re still inconsistent. I used the regenerate thumbnails plug in suggested and although it made things better, there’s still quite a few out of place.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

Please supply a WP URL and login.

The images and the multi-masonry layout are meant to be variable so they display the correct ratio. If you wanted a fixed size you would need to upload the correct image ratio.

Thanks.

aimeandalex

I can’t sent you a link as it’s not public as yet. This isn’t the multi-masonry layout, I’m using Standard, 3 column, 4 column and 5 column. All of the thumbnails in the demo content are even (http://swiftideas.com/elements/recent-posts/) , as they are on 2 other sites I run with this theme, just not this one.

David Martin – Support

Have you checked what image settings you are using in Dashboard => Settings => Media?

Really I need a staging link, else it’s guess work.

Thanks.

aimeandalex
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

I don’t seem to be able to access the site, is this working for you?

aimeandalex
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

The images originally uploaded (see below) are all varying dimensions. The aspect ratio should all be the same as per the demo.

http://triathlove-10antsdigital.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/let-the-good-times-roll.jpg

http://triathlove-10antsdigital.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Beach-work-out-min.jpg

Thanks.

aimeandalex

Hi David, I’m not sure I understand why this only affects some thumbnails though when literally every single image is a different aspect ratio, surely every single post should be different if this is the case?

Would you be able to let me know the best size for cropping and I’ll manually change the ones that are wrong.

David Martin – Support

1170×878 would provide a clean 4:3 ratio for the image. That would then be large enough to be sized down correctly.

Thanks,
    David.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register