New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint Quick Way to Adjust Blog Post Fields and Sidebars in Mass?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi Sarah,

Only with CSS, the theme doesn’t have any post mass editing features.

.author-info-wrap, .share-links, .related-wrap {
      display: none !important;
    }

For the sidebars, there’s no other way except doing it manually for each post.

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

jennmattern

Ed actually gave me a fix previously that edited post sidebars all at once. And I’m looking for that solution again too since the theme upgrade. He made a change to the single post template that made my sidebar preference (right sidebar) the default for existing posts instead of no sidebars. Any idea which setting that could be? I had some info in a support ticket, but access to our past tickets seems to have been removed now.  It would be great to see that documented somewhere for those of us who import posts into this theme. In my case it’s 1500 posts. Manually changing sidebars is not an option.

jennmattern

Nevermind. I was able to find what Ed added to my old single.php to change the default sidebar setting to right sidebars for existing / imported posts.

He added:

if ($sidebar_config == "") {
    $sidebar_config = "right-sidebar";
    }

if ($right_sidebar == “”) {
    $right_sidebar = “Sidebar-1”;
    }

Right before the section starting with:

$page_wrap_class = '';

It would awesome if an option could be added in future updates that would let the site owner choose the default when it’s being implemented with existing posts. Full width just doesn’t make sense for most blog post pages.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register