New Landing How can we help? Atelier product search box tooltip

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    alibey

yes mikko sent me a message to the same effect

however he said to only specify _sku as the custom field to be indexed

i did this, rebuilt the index, and it in fact works and is quite fast

there is however a minor bug, which is confusing, in that first it displays the message no product found

before returning the correct product

so i have a followup with mikko as to how to fix that

you can see it work on my site with sku value LD6261

so now i have a feature that no competitor has in my space!

awesomeness !

now all i have to is figure out how to have a search by vendor work (which would mean adding a custom field)

and my life as we know it thus far would be complete

David Martin – Support

Glad you have made progress with this.

Thanks

alibey

yes as a final note on this thread, i will also use the SWIFT advert widget to offer search by (or “shop by” as the site’s owner wants all the searches consistently named) the 8 core designers that she wishes to promo in her vendor lineup

so this now means that her catalog can be searched by

1. product name
    2. sku
    3. vendor

“by price” is not a requirement at this time, but it looks like relevanssi would easily accommodate this simply by adding another custom field to be indexed

this is really really good.

i was really hoping that i could somehow use google search by image to allow the nirvana of all searches… by product design… but google image search is not advanced enough yet to support this

now all i have to is use my laughable sql skills to wrie a cron job that extracts from the woocommerce database the latest users who sign up (incredibly woocomerce does not offer this capability), dump this in a spreadsheet for the site owner, and i think it is safe to say we now have a workable ecommerce site

from a UI perspective i now have to focus on how this looks on iphone and apple tablets as it turns out based on google analytics that 50 per of her user base accesses the site this way with lots of safari browser users which i personally have never tested against

so the owner of the site is actually going to get an iphone (she uses an android galaxy smartphone at the moment)

so i am sure i will be harassing you guys again in the future about iphone related UI issues!

but i hope my extended feedback as to your product has in some measure been a welcome feedback to you guys, and perhaps suggested a future direction re the flyout capability

David Martin – Support

Great, glad this has helped you and thanks for your feedback.

Cheers,
    David.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register