New Landing How can we help? Atelier Product Image Slider Too Big

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    terrysmith

I need to make the max size of the product images smaller. I’ve read your documentation and many forum posts and still can’t figure this out. I have the WooCommerce settings at 540x540px, and I have used Regenerate Thumbnails. That didn’t change anything.

On my desktop the images are around 700px wide. A vertical image is 700×933. Shouldn’t the WooCommerce setting set the max size of any responsive images? Otherwise, what good is the setting?

The slider’s thumbnails are also below the fold at such large sizes.

Thanks,
    Terry

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

The WooCommerce settings are only the quality of the images, they will still be resized to fill the container. You need to go to Theme Options > WooCommerce Options > Product Options and enable the slider width override

– Kyle

terrysmith

Thanks. I’ll look at that setting, but what do you mean by “quality” of the images? You have that in your documentation too and it’s completely meaningless to me if you’re not using those image sizes. Quality to me is image size and the JPEG compression setting.

Kyle – SUPPORT

For e..g if you’re WooCommerce image settings are 150px x 150px then the images will be blurry as they are blown up to fill the image area. If you use larger image sizes for e.g. 700px x 900px then the images will be high quality as they are not blown up

– Kyle

alibey

there is no

” Theme Options > WooCommerce Options > Product Options and enable the slider width override ”

let me repeat

there is no “enable slider width override” option

why is atelier so good at doing complex things simply, and so difficult to use in terms of letting users do extremely simple things in a straightforward manner?

all the OP (and I) want is to size the slider to, say, some 600px x 400px size (or % or whatever one’s favorite css3 units are)

doing this in custom css screws up the slider so maybe you have to resort to making your pics the exact size you need to see them in the slider, which totally sucks — if that is the case

the swift slider option SLIDER MAX HEIGHT in Edit Swift Slider should do just that: set the max height, and have the slider calculate the proportional width

it does nothing of the sort, no matter what you tweak

plus there should be a way to control the border around the displayed image in the slider so that if your images are all a uniform 600x400px, then border is also a uniform width around it and not some gigantic white space machine as is the case now

Kyle – SUPPORT

Yes there is that option, it’s right there: http://d.pr/i/197fu/2ceVpdi3

– Kyle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register