New Landing How can we help? Atelier Product Checkout + doodas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    alibey

I have all the latest Atelier theme version + WP version, etc.
    Here are my questions (please be patient, as I have just purchased this theme, and have studied the documentation):

1. My client sells hardgood products. I do not understand how the concept of Portfolios fits into this. I know this is really dense, but exactly what is meant by Portolios? Is this simply a Gallery of Images?

2. I set up a WP page as my default HP frontpage. I want to add additional pages below this top page on the HP, but cannot. This would be akin to Sections in Woothemes Storefront. I cannot see how to do this. So my homepage has 1 home page, and a sidebar. Boring. I need more variety to the home page. My guess is that Pagebuilder is the thing for this, that is to say, created areas in the Home Page, rather than add additional pages “below” the HP. Am I correct? If so, is there documentation on how to use Swift Page Builder?

3. On the product page, the Related items pushes the Add to Cart down. I want to move the Related Items below the Add to Cart. How can I do this?

4. I have seen Atelier demo themes do this but cannot figure out how to make the Proceed to Checkout window popup immediately after an item is added to a cart.

Sorry for the verbiage, but I am eager to get started with this beautiful theme!

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

1) This is not only a shop theme, it’s multipurpose. The Portfolio post type is used by agencies who showcase their work, for e.g. web design agencies. If you are using the theme solely as a shop, you can disable these custom post types in Theme Options > Custom Post Type Options

2) Sorry I don’t understand? Are you asking how to create a home page? You need to create a page ‘home’, add page builder elements to the page to build your page. Then go to Settings > Reading and assign the page as your front page

3) I need a log in to check the page to see what you’re referring to

4) Can you send me a link to show me what you mean?

– Kyle

alibey

here is the link to my product page product
    here is the link to the hp NPL HP

so re (1) understood. no problemo.

re (2) my HP is a static page, what WP calls a front page
    the question is how can I add more content below this page, such as other pages, or am I forced to make a massive front page containing multiple elements?
    in the woothemes storefront product, these additional layers are known as sections — there is a clean separation
    sections are not really very configurable, but the idea is that below my Featured Canvas, and can then add another page or section that has, say, This Week’s Sale Items and put those in some kind of gallery, appearing below the HP static page

re (3) this is shown in link 1 — you will note the product description is absent, even though I input it. I have a ticket out with Woocommerce to determine if this a bug, and if so, whose, Woocommerce or Atelier. But you can clearly see the Related Products interfering with by pushing down the Add to Cart button. Pity, that.

re (4) please click on SwiftIdeas Atelier Form Coffee Demo’s ADD to CART button. A popup window immediately appears saying Proceed to Checkout. How can I implement this?

Kyle – SUPPORT

2) You can build your page using the page builder, like we have here: swiftideas.com

3) Need a login to access that link

4) Go to Theme Options > WooCommerce Options, enable the Ajax add to cart and set the notification to ‘tada’

– Kyle

alibey
    This reply has been marked as private.
    alibey
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Can you please mockup what you’re trying to create

– Kyle

alibey

here is a link to the site layout

layout mockup

cheers

ali

Kyle – SUPPORT

Your confusing by saying pages, I think you mean elements/assets. On your home page, your using the visual editor, you need to change to the page builder by clicking the blue button. Then you can add page builder elements like the products, to build these sections

– Kyle

alibey

got it. that is what i thought. thx now what about the popup “proceed to checkout” window when you add an item to a cart that you see in the atelier coffee demo? i could not find an ajax option on the woocommerce theme options. thx ali

Kyle – SUPPORT

Sorry, Theme Options > WooCommerce Options > Product Options: http://d.pr/i/171J1/1LImXwnd

– Kyle

alibey

hmmm i thought the ajax thing sounded familiar. i set it to on when i first installed Atelier but it is not doing anything in terms of the popup proceed to checkout. maybe this has to do with the coffee demo. i only have a few products in my catalog, as i familiarize myself with atelier. i think i will import the coffee demo, even if it blows away all my stuff, to see how it was done.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Ok. Give it a try.
    let us know after that if you need further assistance.

-Rui

alibey

okay coffee demo loaded successfully after several tries (20 %, then 60%, then bingo). seems to have blown away my original home page, no big deal, but did not destroy my catalog. the home page page builder layout is complex, or should i say, fairly tricky and intricate, less simple for me that if just pumped out html and css but i get the feeling once you get the hang of it can be very flexible, powerful, and a time saver (if you know what you are doing) — especially since i have absolutely no desire to learn the zombie language known as PHP. the very cool “proceed to checkout popup” works. i shall have to study it further to see how it was all done. killer background picture, which makes it all hang together, but unfortunately i do not have one like that for my client, as I doubt a samsung s5 — which is the only camera i have! — can take a pic with that depth level. thanks guys!

alibey

1st big hurdle how does one change mega menu links without going into the dreaded html php area?
    2nd big hurdle how does one the background poster.jpg — which i thought would change by changing the img in Theme Options > Background Options

thx!

ali

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register