New Landing How can we help? Atelier Product Category styling

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    lilcreatures

Hello,

I want to add a description to the top of my category pages and have, but can’t style them. I tried to cheat by copying a text block HTML from a test page, which gave me a white box which I wanted, but it removes the font styling. I would like it in H4 and H2, centred but can’t seem to make it work.

This is what I put in:
    [spb_text_block animation=”none” animation_delay=”0″ simplified_controls=”yes” custom_css_percentage=”no” padding_vertical=”0″ padding_horizontal=”0″ margin_vertical=”0″ custom_css=”margin-top: 0px;margin-bottom: 0px;background-color:#ffffff;” border_size=”0″ border_styling_global=”default” back_color_global=”#ffffff” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]
    <h2>Lil’ Creatures has a range of products which are perfect for Christmas gifts.</h2>
    <h4>Give your loved ones a unique Christmas outfit this year perfect for Christmas Day, Santa photo’s, childcare and school dress-ups and family photo Christmas cards.</h4>
    [/spb_text_block]

but when I save it changes to this:
    [spb_text_block animation=”none” animation_delay=”0″ simplified_controls=”yes” custom_css_percentage=”no” padding_vertical=”0″ padding_horizontal=”0″ margin_vertical=”0″ custom_css=”margin-top: 0px;margin-bottom: 0px;background-color:#ffffff;” border_size=”0″ border_styling_global=”default” back_color_global=”#ffffff” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]

Lil’ Creatures has a range of products which are perfect for Christmas gifts.
    Give your loved ones a unique Christmas outfit this year perfect for Christmas Day, Santa photo’s, childcare and school dress-ups and family photo Christmas cards.

[/spb_text_block]

I did find your CCS code fix in this support for the description showing in the menu though!

Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    lilcreatures

Sorry, can we also remove the space above the description white box to be the same as above the view options?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Remove the shortcode, I will provide you with some custom css to create the white box

– Kyle

lilcreatures

Thank you. I have removed and saved it now.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Which category has a description?

– Kyle

lilcreatures

I had deleted it with the shortcode. Christmas gifts. I have just typed something in now. Can i use H2 and H4 in the box?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Add this to your child theme’s functions.php file:

foreach ( array( 'pre_term_description' ) as $filter ) {
        remove_filter( $filter, 'wp_filter_kses' );
    }

foreach ( array( 'term_description' ) as $filter ) {
        remove_filter( $filter, 'wp_kses_data' );
    }

to stop the html being stripped

Then add this to your custom css:

.term-description {
      padding: 30px 40px;
      background-color: #ffffff;
    }

– Kyle

lilcreatures

Thanks Kyle for your amazingly prompt help!

I’ll try this tonight.

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem!

lilcreatures
    Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register