New Landing How can we help? Atelier Problems with Visual Composer making WC product edit page really slow

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    skullo27

Hi, I am using the latest version of the Atelier theme and wordpress, I have noticed a strange issue where the WP Bakery Visual Composer plugin makes the admin product page in WC really sluggish. What I mean is when scrolling up and down the product edit page it is super slow and jerky. I tested with Visual Composer deactivated and the problem was fixed so I am certain that it is a problem with this plugin. Have you seen this before?

What is the deal with support as this is a plugin that is bundled with the theme? I would like to fix the issue as it makes editing products pretty painful the version of Visual Composer I am using is 4.12 which should be the latest.

Thanks
    Sam

David Martin – Support

Hi Sam,

What version of VC are you using?

Please add a WP login for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

skullo27
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Hi Sam,

Is there a possibility you can disable all plugins so only VC, Swift Framework and WooCommerce are active?

– Can you also do all plugins updates?
    – Who/what is your hosting plan?

Thanks.

skullo27

Hi, I am sorry but not really, because it is a live site. I can confirm that when I disable the VC plugin the problem is fixed, and when it is re-enabled it comes back.

All plugins are up to date other than WC which is currently on 2.5.5, I have waited to update this to 2.6.1 just in case any other plugins were slow to update their compatibility.

Thanks.

David Martin – Support

Hi Sam,

I am testing this locally with the latest WooCommerce, VC and Atelier theme and it’s running fast for me. I see no issues. I know this will be frustrating for you so we will need to look to see what is slowing it down your end.

Things to do next:

– Ask your host for any error logs relating to this
    – Disable plugins one by one and re-test each time.
    – Update WooCommerce
    – Install this plugin to profile what is causing the bottleneck. https://wordpress.org/plugins/p3-profiler/screenshots/.

Thanks.

skullo27

Hi David please see below answers…

– Ask your host for any error logs relating to this – CANNOT SEE ANY ERRORS RELATING TO THIS IN ERROR LOG
    – Disable plugins one by one and re-test each time. – I DISABLED ALL PLUGINS EXCEPT WC AND VISUAL COMPOSER AND THE PROBLEM REMAINS. WHEN I DISABLE VC, THE PROBLEM GOES AWAY.
    – Update WooCommerce – DONE
    – Install this plugin to profile what is causing the bottleneck. https://wordpress.org/plugins/p3-profiler/screenshots/. – DONE, NOTHING IS SLOWING DOWN THE SITE, AS IN NOT MORE THAN ANY OTHER PLUGIN AS TO BE EXPECTED. REMEMBER THIS IS NOT AN ISSUE OF SITE SPEED, IT IS THAT THE SCROLLING OF THE “PRODUCT ADMIN PAGE” WHEN VC IS ENABLED IS REALLY STUTTERY AND BUMPY.

What now?

thanks
    Sam

David Martin – Support

Hi,

This is not something I can replicate, have you considered it maybe another plugin on the page such the Amazon/eBay feed?

At this point, I need to either disable all plugins leaving only Swift Framework and WooCommerce active, or I need you to provide me with a staging site clone.

Thanks.

skullo27

Hi David, sorry I think you missed my point, I disabled ALL plugins except VC and WC, including the ebay and amazon feeds and the problem was still there.

Its difficult I know because it is a live site…

David Martin – Support

I get it, I really do but to look into a resolution we will need to see this ourselves.

Please ask your host to clone your site and setup a staging environment for you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register