New Landing How can we help? Atelier Problems with Atelier, WordPress 4.5 and Mega Menu

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    mm9488

With the (too early) release of WordPress 4.5, EVERY Atelier project using WordPress now has a problem with the mobile menu, e.g., when anyone attempts to go to the mobile menu, a “#” sign appears behind the domain name – and NO mobile menu is presented. Last Resort Car Rental was just launched yesterday and was working fine until version 4.5 was automatically updated by GoDaddy.

I have no idea if this is an Atelier issue or not, but I don’t appear to be having this issue with Cardinal – or at least I’ve not found a problem yet.

I’ve used Mega Menu a LOT so if there is not a fix on the horizon, I’m forced to redesign main navigation menu schemes on a bunch of websites.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

You have a very old version of Atelier, please update to v1.9.8, you will need to download from ThemeForest to update, and then from here on you can auto-update through your dashboard.

http://www.swiftideas.com/knowledgebase/how-to-manually-update-your-theme/

– Ed

mm9488

Ed – first of all, WordPress never indicated I had an old version – very interesting.

More importantly, after upgrading to 1.9.81, the problem still exists – no change.

On other sites, the only way to resolve this issue is to deactivate the Mega Menu plugin (not your built-in feature), then just style the menu. I’m not happy with the overall look, but I may have no choice.

Any other suggestions?

Mike

mm9488

Ed – another issue totally unrelated to this issue, e.g., BLOG post pages appear blank – it’s an opacity issue, but it’s an issue nonetheless.

Mike

mm9488

Ed – I solved the BLOG opacity issue with the following CSS

.post-filter-tabs {
    opacity: 1;
    }

.blog-masonry .masonry-items .blog-item {
    opacity: 1;
    }

Mike

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    I am glad that you managed to resolve the issue.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

mm9488

Ed & Mohammad –

I’ve discovered a temporary fix to the Mega Menu issue – just revert Mega Menu back to version 2.0.2. It’s not a good long term fix, but it’s an excellent short term fix.

Works both for Cardinal and Atelier.

Mike

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @mm9488

That opacity issue means that the scripts aren’t loading correctly. The issue is with your mega menu plugin. The developers will need to update that inline with the latest jQuery standards included with WordPress 4.5

– Ed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.