New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Problem with swiftbuilder blog + wpml

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    slackerzz

Hi,
    i’m working on a multilanguage website with Dante 2.56, Wp 3.9.1 and Wpml 3.1.5.
    I have a “News” page containing a blog element from Swift Page Builder and it’s set to show 2 categories. The main language is Italian and everything works, in the translated version the page is empty, no post is shown. I have translated categories and posts.
    The funny thing is that if i select from Swift page builder to show “All” categories it works, if I select only one category it works, if i select 2 random categories the page is empty.
    You can see the italian page here: http://188.226.208.41/diva/news/
    and the english one here: http://188.226.208.41/diva/en/news/

It seems that the query result is empty, i take a look at sf-blog.php and i dumped the var $blog_items and it contains no posts.
    Can you help me?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Of course we can help. Can you provide us access to your wp-admin so we can debug the Swift Page Builder?
    Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Rui

slackerzz
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

I checked this situation and create a test page. http://188.226.208.41/diva/swift-team-test/
    The problem is not with the number of categories, but it’s something in the translation/translations plugins.

This page that I create is in Italian and it works fine, but if you just change it to English it doesn’t display the blog posts.

Please check your translation settings.

Best Regards,
    Rui

slackerzz
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

I will forward this to the developer to see if he can help you fix the issue. Thanks for your patience!

– Kyle

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @slackerzz,

Apologies for the delay. I’ve spent quite a while looking into this, and it seems as though the issue is with WPML. There is a topic on their forum regarding the same issue – http://wpml.org/forums/topic/tax_query-seems-to-be-broken/

I’d suggest you log a support topic with them, as that should hurry up their fixing – if anything needs changing our end then they will let us know!

Thanks,

– Ed

slackerzz
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @slackerzz,

As far as I’m aware, the ‘category_name’ argument is a simpler way to define the tax query, and runs the same in the actual query.

– Ed

slackerzz
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the code. It will be forward to the development team.

Best Regards,
    Rui

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thank you very much for posting that, I’ve tested it and it needs a little tweaking to work 100%, but this will be in the next update ๐Ÿ™‚

– Ed

slackerzz

Hi Ed,
    i’ve seen that in the last update you fixed sf-blog.php but you forget about recent-posts.php.
    The pagebuilder module for recent post still display 0 elements in the “translated” language if you select two or more categories.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks for pointing that out – will add it in there too! ๐Ÿ™‚

– Ed

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register