New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Problem with latin-extendet Google Fonts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    karolwaszak

Hi,

I have a problem with Google fonts. For the font “PT-Sans Narrow” Polish characters (latin extended) display properly only on the computer and not on the iPad. What’s funny, for the Helvetica font is opposite.

K.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

This isn’t really an issue with the theme, it’s how those fonts were made and how different browsers handle them. Unfortunately, there isn’t something we can do about such things.

Regards,
    ————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

karolwaszak

I’m not so convinced. Until now, I had no problem with that font in the other templates. It was enough to add “latin-ext” and on all devices and browsers Polish characters display them properly. After adding “<link href=’http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=PT+Sans+Narrow&subset=latin,latin-ext&#8217; rel=’stylesheet’ type=’text/css’>” to the header.php problem go away, but that’s not the point.

K.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Ah sorry, misunderstood.

The Google Fonts selector in the theme doesn’t have that option for subsets.

But you don’t need to edit header.php (you’ll lose that when updating the theme). Instead, add it in the theme options as custom CSS:

@import url('http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=PT+Sans+Narrow&subset=latin,latin-ext');

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Adrenaline22

I’m also having problems latin-ext fonts. Copied this to Custom.css field and nothing changes. The accented letters are still replaced by sans-serif font.

please help! You can check at:

@import url('http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Ropa+Sans&subset=latin,latin-ext');

Peter

Adrenaline22

Forgot to paste link:

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

As you can see, that font doesn’t have the character you’re using, not even in the latin extended subset: example.

Regards,

Cosmin – Support

Adrenaline22

Yes, you are right, I didn’t check carefu enough, I am sorry. But still the problem persists;

I have Open Sans Latin-Ext for regular paragraph text and Dosis Latin-ext for headers.

– putting the @import code into the custom.css as suggested doesn’t affect the site at all.

– putting it in header.php works only for Dosis but not for Open Sans. Yet this solution is inconvenient for future updates.

– as a result in body / paragraph text (Open Sans font) the extended are not displayed.

I have practically completed the site but still can’t show it my customer because of this fonts issue.

Usually I sort it out one way or another, but on this one I’m helpless…

P.S.
    I would also recommend for your future work to implement the option of selecting the cyrillic / latin-ext subsets because a lot of people are not making pages in English and it takes you more support time…

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Can you paste here the exact CSS you tried with those other fonts, in the Theme Options?

When you placed it in header.php, you placed it in the wrong spot; it must be inside the < head > tags, not above everything else.

Regards,

Cosmin – Support

liska

Hi,
    i have same problem with diacritics, but no only with google fonts. When i try set other font than Times (Helvetica or some of Google Web Font) some letters with accent (Ď, ť, ľ, …) appears in different font. http://www.stanica.sk/novanovasynagoga/

thank you

Cosmin – SUPPORT

That happens when the font you’re using does not have those characters.

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

liska

I don’t think so. When i try use Source Code Pro from Google fonts (which have all these characters) my webpage doesn’t show that characters at all.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

It doesn’t show them on Chrome, it shows the fallbacks on Firefox, which is weird anyway.

Ed, any ideas?

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

liska

I found this comment in another forum:

The problem is that changing the font used for the list, which is stored in JSON and loading using Webfont loader. And in that list, probably not links to files with Latin Extended. I noticed that a lot of people have problems with this on premium themes.

maybe it will help

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

True, the webfont loader doesn’t seem to play nicely with latin-extended fonts. We’ll see what we can do in the future to improve it. For now, you’d be best off to implement the fonts manually.

– Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register