New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform private posts not shown to admin or subscriber

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    Lichtluchs

I want to build up a members blog, where only logged in subscribers can see posts.

The problem: posts marked as “private” are not shown on the blog main page. Subscribers and even the administrator can´t see private posts in the frontend. The blog mainpage shows up in the frontend correctly.

For test reasons I marked one of the private posts as public. Logged in as an admin or subscriber i could navigate to the post from the blog main page. The footer section showed all private posts correctly in the Related Article preview close to the footer. I could navigate through all private posts from the Related Article section.

I guess the right to read the blog element in the blog mainpage for logged in users is missing. But i can´t find a way to fix that.
    Any idea?
    Thanks in advance for the support.
    Regards
    Oliver

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi Oliver,

With the blog element, which blog type are you using on your site? It shouldn’t be doing that, but I’ll take a look after I know which type. Also, do you have any plugins active that handle users/membership?

Regards,
    ————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Lichtluchs

Hi Cosmin,

i´m using the mini blog type. I use the simplr user registration form plus plugin to handle the membership. With the prior theme the simplr plugin was working fine, but i like you flexform theme much more.
    I hope we can find a solution, as the privacy management of posts is essential to my site.

Regards,
    Oliver

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Not sure what that plugin’s code really does – does it work if you deactivate it?

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Lichtluchs

I did a fresh setup of WP with the flexform theme and without the any plugin.
    The same problem. We can exclude the plugins as an error source.

Regards
    Oliver

Lichtluchs

Hi Cosmin,
    any news on how we can progress on the issue?
    I need a solution, wether it be another WP Theme or preferably a fix from your side because i really like flexform.
    Regards
    Oliver

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi Oliver,

I’m honestly out of ideas for the moment, please let me try and get Ed in here, maybe he can shed some light on this matter. Thanks for your patience with this! 🙂

Regards,

Cosmin – Support

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

As far as I’m aware, setting a post as private means it’s only accessible via the direct link. Not in assets for logged in/admins/members etc.

– Ed

Lichtluchs

Hi Ed,
    i found a solution with the wishlist member plugin.
    Until now flexform is fully compatible with it.

Thanks for the support

Regards,
    Oliver

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Ok great!

– Ed

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register