New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Joyn Prevent the content from being wrapped in paragraph.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Posted in: Joyn
    nosuchagency

Hi

Sometimes the content from the builder gets wrapped in a p-tag which then creates a space in the design. Like this code snippet:

<!– OPEN page –>
    <div class=”clearfix”>
    <div class=”page-content hfeed clearfix”>
    <div class=”clearfix post-54 page type-page status-publish hentry” id=”54″>
    <p> <—– WHY!? 🙂
    <div class=”spb-section spb_content_element “>

Anyway to prevent this?

Thanks

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Are you switching between editors?

– Kyle

nosuchagency

Hi

No, are you thinking it could be the wpautop?
    It seems that putting a SPB Section as the first element in the builder do this, or it might be a coincident. 🙂

Thanks

David Martin – Support

Hey,

Can you add a link to the page URL where this is happening? + a WP login?

Cheers,
    David.

nosuchagency
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Hey,

Yes, I see that being inserted. Nothing looks to be causing it within the SPB or page itself.

I notice your Swift Page Builder plugin is version 1.62 the latest is 1.65, you should have an update notice.

Can you test this version 1.65: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yc3q50vbc3bbve1/swift-framework.zip?dl=0?

Once this is running, you may need to resave the page.

Thanks,
    David.

nosuchagency

Hi

I did the update, and re-saved the page, but it’s the same (http://implantatklinik.refactor.eu/implantater/manglende-taender/). 🙁

I have another website running Joyn, and it has the same “bug” – when inserting a SPB Section it gets wrapped in a p-tag, and a space shows in the browser.

Thanks

David Martin – Support

Hi,

I am testing this locally and I cannot replicate.

I have setup a test page to pull in the SPB section and this is not happening either: http://implantatklinik.refactor.eu/spb-test/

This leads to think it’s being created from the content, there is a lot of additional HTML bloat added – is that needed or can it be removed?

Thanks,
    David.

nosuchagency

Hi David

I see, and I just tried to add a slider to the page http://implantatklinik.refactor.eu/spb-test/, and it looks fine. 🙂
    I don’t quite get where the bloat is, or how it got there, so can you show me where using a screenshot?

All pages are created using the builder, so even if there is bloat in some of the html content blocks, this shouldn’t affect the builder to wrap something in a p-tag? I did the same thing on another site using Joyn – I added a SPB Section to the page, and moved it to the top, and saved the page… the same p-tag was added.

How do I fix this on the page where this is not working?

Thanks

David Martin – Support

Hi,

On that test page I set, copy over one section at a time from the previous page, and see if you can isolate what section is causing it.

Thanks,
    David

nosuchagency

Hi Support

Sometimes it just takes forever to get support from you, because there is days between your response, and the response is typical just a question like “Did you switch between editors”, and then I need to wait another day.

You wrote in a response: “This leads to think it’s being created from the content, there is a lot of additional HTML bloat added – is that needed or can it be removed?”

Then I asked: “I don’t quite get where the bloat is, or how it got there, so can you show me where using a screenshot?”

Just got a new response and nothing about this at all… just another “can you please try this?”.

The issue is, that the builder outputs a p-tag where it shouldn’t, and I have told you that this happens on two different websites using Joyn, and it seems to be the SPB Section, but I’m not sure. If this is not enough for you to hunt this bug down, then please just say so, and I will do it myself… could take less time than writing with you guys! 😉

Thanks

David Martin – Support

Hi,

The extra p tag is caused by your content. I have asked you to split your content and add it into the test page one small section at a time so you can see what section is causing the issue.

I have asked you to do this, so we can isolate what part of your content is causing it.

Thanks.

nosuchagency

Well, I don’t know how my content, all being added using the builder, should be able to do this? If that’s the case, then it’s still a bug… it shouldn’t be possible for the user to add content using the builder which add this p-tag.

Why are we having this conversation? Just tell me if you think this is a bug or not, and if not, then I’ll just fix it myself. 🙂

Thanks

David Martin – Support

The reason I ask to split the content is so we can see which bit of content is causing the extra <p></p>.

If you look at the classic view “Text” tab, you can see the added HTML bloat which is adding by you or your coding IDE:

<div id="s-Paragraph_3" class="richtext firer ie-background commentable">
    <div class="clipping">
    <div class="content">
    <div class="valign">Den mest enkle form for tandimplantatbehandling er at erstatte en enkelt tand. Hvis man har mistet en tand på grund af paradentose, caries, eller ved en ulykke, vil den oftest kunne erstattes ved at isætte et tandimplantat samme sted. Efterfølgende kan der monteres en porcelænskrone på implantatet.</div>
    <div class="valign">

Resultatet af en tandimplantatbehandling bliver en fuldt funktionel tand både tyggemæssigt og kosmetisk. Den store fordel ved en tandimplantatbehandling er, at det er den eneste måde man kan erstatte en enkelt tand med noget der sidder hundrede procent fast, uden at skulle bore i en eller flere tænder.

</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>

I want you to remove all that extra markup/spacing so it’s just text content. Extra spacing or an unclosed <div> could be what is causing it.

As I cannot replicate this error locally, it points to your content being the issue and as such it needs to be methodically stripped back and tested to find the root issue.

– David.

nosuchagency

Hi

Try looking at this page http://implantatklinik.refactor.eu/invisalign/hvem-kan-faa-Invisalign/.
    I looked at all editor content, and removed all code from it (besides the h3-tag), and this page still shows a space between the slider and the SPB Section.

If I put the SPB Section in a Row, then there is no space. 🙂

Hope it helps?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.