New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Prevent checkout advancement if required field empty

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    ksprague

Let’s say I’ve added a product to my cart, and I am now checking out. I am now on the Billing & Shipping page, and I enter all necessary information *except* a ZIP Code. If I now click Proceed with purchase, I am taken to the Review & Payment page. Only after I have entered my credit card info and clicked the Place order button do I see an error message about the missing ZIP. Now I have to go back a page, enter the ZIP, and proceed. This seems non-intuitive, especially for less tech-savvy customers.

Is there any way to prevent the customer from proceeding to the next step if a required field is empty?

ad

Yes actually even I was wondering the same.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi guys,

I see what you’re saying, but I’m not sure if that’s something we control or WooCommerce, so I will forward this to the developer directly for some insights 🙂

Cheers

rene.appeldoorn

Check this

Melanie – SUPPORT

Who and what for? Thanks for elaborating

rene.appeldoorn

Well Melanie, because the topic I’m referring to, is about the same thing. And Ed wrote:

“This is actually standard WooCommerce functionality, we don’t change how the form works. We will add this to the wishlist for possible improvement.”

ksprague

I disagree with Swift’s assertion that this is standard WooCommerce functionality. We have several WooCommerce sites, and only the one using the Neighborhood theme has this issue. I think because on a standard WC installation, the checkout info is all on a single page. The Neighborhood theme appears to override the standard WC templates.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Going to close this and keep everything in the following thread – http://support.swiftideas.net/forums/topic/create-user-account-at-checkout-not-user-friendly-at-all

We’re going to try and get this sorted for the next update.

– Ed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register