New Landing How can we help? Atelier Post Archive – not displaying article excerpt

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    kplusd

Just want to say again how much we’re STILL loving this theme – it has been extremely flexible and as our needs/wants change it continues to do exactly what we need it to do. Thank you for the amazing support.

Hopefully this request is fairly simple:

We have hidden the post details on most parts of our site but would like to display the post excerpt ONLY on the archive/journal page found here: http://tailoredcollective.com/thejournal/

Neither the theme settings or the SPB appear to work in displaying the excerpts below the post thumbnails (see image below).

1.) How can we display the post excerpts on journal page?
    2.) How can we adjust the thumbnail image size on the journal page?

Thanks again for your assistance,
    Kina

SPB:
    [/spb_text_block] [spb_recent_posts display_type=”standard” carousel=”no” item_columns=”1″ item_count=”12″ category=”All” offset=”0″ posts_order=”DESC” excerpt_display=”yes” excerpt_length=”50″ fullwidth=”no” gutters=”yes” button_enabled=”no” pagination=”yes” el_class=”journalrecentposts” width=”1/2″ el_position=”first”] [spb_blank_spacer height=”30px” width=”1/6″] [spb_widget_area sidebar_id=”sidebar-6″ width=”1/3″ el_position=”last”]

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

The Archive page settings are set in Theme Options => Archive/Category Options => Archive Content Output.

A blog page, that has not been set as your Reading Page within Settings => Reading is from the that page Page Builder blog settings.

First, you need add a Custom Excerpt:

kplusd

ahhh…got it.

Our question #2 was regarding the thumbnail – how do we reduce the thumbnail size on this page?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Add this to your custom css:

.recent-post figure img {
      width: auto;
    }

– Kyle

kplusd

I’ve added the code you provided above and as you can see the thumbnail size still remains large and unchanged. We need these images to be half this size and more padding between the excerpt and the next post. How do i control this layout?

Attachments:
    kplusd

We need assistance – i’m not sure what’s going on with the site but now the thumbnails are various sizes. please advise asap

Attachments:
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Now the thumbnails display at full size (that they are uploaded), is that not what you wanted?

– Kyle

kplusd

Please look at the journal page (http://tailoredcollective.com/thejournal/)…the thumbnails and spacing is still in various sizes.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Remove the previous css I gave you and add this:

.recent-post figure {
        width: 340px;
    }

– Kyle

kplusd
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

We usually change values in realtime in the page source so we can determine the correct css rule.
    Your custom css field was empty, I placed there the code suggested by Kyle.

Can you clear the cache and try again?

-Rui

kplusd

Perfect – that worked. I use the editor tab for custom CSS. Thank you for your assistance.

David Martin – Support

Marking as resolved.

– David.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register