New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Possible to hide menu item? (i.e. Different homepage on mobile device?)

Tagged: ,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    manidha

Hello!

My client does not want autoplay (RevSlider) video sliders showing on her homepage on mobile devices as they do not auto play; but would like them to display on desktop/laptop devices. My thought is to create two home pages, one to display on mobile devices, and remain hidden on desktop devices and vice versa. I am wondering if it would be possible to set a different homepage on this site using a “hide menu item” type option (see: attached) with Dante. And/or is there a different way of achieving this same option on Dante? Any advice is appreciated!

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s not possible to have 2 homepage’s it’s easier to hide in mobile the things that you don’t want to show.
    Not seeing any video at the moment in the homepage, we can help you providing the css to hide(we will need that the video it’s on the homepage).

Let us know.

-Rui

manidha

Hi Rui,

Thanks for your message. Here is a page with the video, for example (password: “dantesupport”):

Protected: Video

There are a few issues we’re having with this–
    – menu settings: can we make certain pages invisible on certain devices (which I can do with my theme; I just don’t see that option yet with your theme)? (if yes, then onto the next two questions; if no, disregard the following.)
    – fullscreen width video: how do we get the same look as the demo page with the new slider interface?
    – loading time: why on an older laptop did the slider take so long to load, but not on an iPhone, 5 year-old Mac desktop, or year-old Chromebook?

Thank you so much for your assistance,
    Best,
    Melissa on behalf of Manidha

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Add the code below to your custom css option.

@media only screen and (max-width: 767px){
    .forcefullwidth_wrapper_tp_banner {
        display: none;
    }
    }

Regarding the menus we have a different approach where you can set a specific menu for the mobile.

The loading time it could be something related to that computer/network since it’s working fine in other devices.

Can you provide admin access to have a look at your slider settings to see what might be wrong?
    Use the private reply.

-Rui

manidha
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Do you want to hide the border below of logo? Just mark the screenshot to indicate the issue.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

manidha
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    You need to insert the full width element of Swift page builder and put the video inside it. That will make it full width video as you want.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

manidha

Hi Mohammad,

Rui and I were working on creating a full-width Revolution slider, not a video; so unfortunately your fix will not work for our needs. Any other suggestions for getting this slider to be full width? I added Rui under an admin account — any progress on the back end?

Thank you,
    Melissa on behalf of Manidha

manidha

Also, per Rui’s prior email, “Regarding the menus we have a different approach where you can set a specific menu for the mobile.” — what is that approach? Thank you!

Best,
    Melissa.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please go to Admin -> Appearance -> Menus -> Choose the menus for Mobile here.

Thanks
    Mohammad

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register