New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint Portfolio Thumbnails Being Compressed

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    focusingresources

Hello lovely wonderpeople of Pinpoint. I’m having a quirky problem and I’m sure it’s a setting that I’m just not able to figure out.

For whatever reason, in one of my portfolios, the thumbnail images are all being compressed into the thumbnail image box instead of cropped, so they look squished. Might you know a simple fix for this? Attached is a screenshot of the section.

Thank you,
    Maggie

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi Maggie,

Those areas should be using a WordPress-generated thumbnail that should definitely not be squished. Can you please link to that page, so I can see the source code and check what’s used in there?

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

focusingresources

Hi Cosmin,

It is: http://69.195.124.55/~innerrel/products/

You’ll need to log in to see it. I believe I shared the credentials awhile back. Let me know if you need them again.

Thanks!
    Maggie

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hey Maggie,

Checked your other threads, no credentials in there. Note that we don’t store them, so you would always need to provide them in a private reply.

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

sunshine
    This reply has been marked as private.
    focusingresources
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi Maggie,

Checked the site.

The problem with the portfolio layouts is that, if we didn’t enforce fixed sizes for the image containers, they wouldn’t fit and align as they do now.

You can test what I mean, by adding this custom CSS in the General theme options:

.portfolio-items li.four.columns.bordered figure, .portfolio-items li.four.columns.bordered figure img, .portfolio-items li.four.columns.bordered figure iframe {
        height: auto !important;
        width: auto !important;
    }

As you can see, the layout is ruined in this case.

What I would try and do, is use this plugin, to control the thumbnail sizes: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/post-thumbnail-editor/

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

focusingresources

Hi Cosmin,
    Thanks for the plugin – looks like it might be interesting for other reasons. I guess I’m not sure what I’m doing differently that is causing this problem. I’ve just been uploading the images like I’ve done in other places (if you click the Courses menu, you’ll see the first row of images that have been added look just fine).

So I suppose I’m wondering what you mean with your explanation of fixed sizes… I wasn’t aware that I was trying to work around that parameter.

Thank you for your work on this,
    Maggie

focusingresources

I guess my point is, it seems the thumbnails usually just use a portion of the image as opposed to trying to squeeze the whole image into the container. I’m fine with the containers all being the same size (prefer it that way).

Cosmin – SUPPORT

The images that are squeezed in the container seem to not have a thumbnail generated from the original you uploaded. Could you try removing those images and uploading them again?

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

focusingresources

Hi Cosmin,
    I’ve done that a few times. No luck.
    Thanks,
    Maggie

Ben – SUPPORT

If you were to add height and width auto it would cause the thumbnails to break out of the container
    http://awesomescreenshot.com/0af1e0tw77

You might want to looking into finding a way to make them look better in the container by chopping the image down

Thanks
    Ben

focusingresources

If I chop it down, it chops it everywhere. So I guess the auto-thumbnail generator bit broke. I’ve been creating additional thumbnail images, which is sort of a drag, but it’s the best workaround I’ve been able to come up with.

Weird.

Thanks,
    Maggie

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register