New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Portfolio previous and next arrows working incorrectly

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    rebeccadalton

Hi Guys,

Sorry one last question (hopefully!). I’ve just noticed that the arrows in the portfolio pages work in reverse i.e. the next arrow (on the right) goes backwards to the previous item and the back arrow (on the left) takes you forwards. This basically means the user gets stuck in a loop if they start at the beginning.

This doesn’t appear to be the case on your demo site but I haven’t changed any settings to do with navigation (to my knowledge).

Any idea what’s happened?

Many thanks!

Rebecca

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Rebecca,

Have you used any plugins to modify post order or anything like that?

– Ed

rebeccadalton

Hello,

Yes, I used a plugin called ‘Post Types Order’ suggested by this support forum, in order control the order of portfolio items.

Kyle – SUPPORT

The post types order plugin will change the order of the items on the index page, but not for the navigation bar as this uses the publish date order

– Kyle

rebeccadalton

Okay thanks. So then I go back to my original question, how do I manage the order of portfolio items (without breaking the themes navigation)? If I were to rely on the publish date then I’d have to go and change all of the items every time I made an edit.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Unfortunately you can’t, post types are displayed in date order. This can be changed to things like alphabetical, but it’s not possibly to control the order by simply choosing an order

– Kyle

rebeccadalton

Okay, no worries, thanks for your help.

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem

– Kyle

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register