New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform portfolio permalinks/slug issue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    vaschops

Hi…

I have this issue with new portfolio entries and categories.
    The language used is Greek.
    When creating a new portfolio item, the permalink appears (on the backend) to be a long string like:
    http://dermavenousclinic.com/?portfolio=%ce%bb%ce%b9%cf%80%ce%bf%ce%b1%ce…

The same happens with portfolio categories and u cant really tell what category it is if u want to select one from a dropdown menu (i.e. pull images for Swift Slider using a portfolio category).

Yet, in the front end permalinks/url appear normal, with Greek letters displaying fine.

Finally, for Pages or Posts I dont get the same issue. They work fine. permalinks are created automatically in Greek.

Please advise.

Thank u.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

This is the way a browser works: internet addresses cannot contain special characters, so they get “escaped” (a special character is replaced with a corresponding code).

So it’s not a theme issue ๐Ÿ™‚ The only way to solve it is to use standard Latin characters, no umlauts or characters from other alphabets.

Regards,

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

vaschops

Why though…permalinks appear ok for Pages with greek titles…and not for Portfolio items?

Ben – SUPPORT

Can you post links to both links with Greek titles in the web address, the one that is and the one that isn’t working?

Thanks
    Ben

vaschops

In the front end it appears fine…both portfolio url and pages url.

In the back end, the normal pages permalink below the title have a greek word, same as the title.
    In the portfolio items is where the permalink below the title it appears to be a long string
    + I cannot edit the permalink like in normal pages.

I m not sure if this would have any impact on SEO. That’s the reason I am looking into this.
    I am getting a huge number of 503 errors in webmaster tools and I thought it could be due to change of theme to Flexform. But it is most likely that these errors are because of qTranslate, which was active with the previous theme and since i removed it a lot of links got lost.

So, after all I can see that this is no real issue. It just strikes me to see a different behavior of permalinks shown on the back end, for normal pages and portfolio items.

Apologies for taking u on a detour. Any advise would be welcomed.

Thank u guys.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register