New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Portfolio Permalinks

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    Cosmin – SUPPORT

@Toxicus – have you done what Ed suggested above?

Regards,
    ————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Toxicus

Yes, that works. I edit file portfolio-type.php

Change : ‘rewrite’ => false,
    to : ‘rewrite’ => array( ‘with_front’ => ‘false’ ),
    How can I do this in a child theme so that my changes aren’t lost with a theme update?

kwalby

This is killing me. I as others here “just” want the “portfolio” to be named differently in the url.

I have done all this topic says and then some, but when it uses portfolio anyway:

http://www.iconhomes.es/portfolio/a101/

Want it to be: http://www.iconhomes.es/properties/a101/

In portfolio-type.php: ‘rewrite’ => array( ‘slug’ => ‘properties’ ),

Cosmin – SUPPORT

That should definitely work, make sure the file is actually saved to the server. Just helped another customer recently with the same issue, to find out rewrite was still set to false.

Remember to visit your Permalinks settings page, so the permalinks are flushed and updated by WordPress.

Regards,
    ————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

sta

I also needed to have a unique slug to avoid 404 errors. For example if the page containing the portfolio is ‘properties’ try using the slug of ‘property’ or ‘our-properties’ if those slugs are not used anywhere else.

kwalby

Still nothing. Can I give you access in some way you can check it? It is the last damned thing before I can release the page – desperate for some help after 2 months working on this.. my mail is [email protected], skype is kwalby.

kwalby

Hey Sta, that actually makes sense.

I have the portfolio listing on a page with slug /properties. Can it not be “under” the same name to make a hierarchy?

Anyways, it did not work to use another slug – I can write anything before the /anything/a101 – it still corrects it to /portfolio/a101.

There is another curious thing though – the portfolio have for some reason gotten below the blog page in the breadcrumb – something is very strange here now:

http://www.iconhomes.es/portfolio/

sta

sorry it didn’t work

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi guys,

After you’ve changed the properties, have you set the permalinks back to default, and then to the custom setup (in Settings > Permalinks). You need to do this to stop seeing 404s and flush the URLs.

Just found this, hopefully it will help. Unfortunately this seems like a very difficult thing to do within WordPress..

http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/41988/redeclare-change-slug-of-a-plugins-custom-post-type/42164#42164

– Ed

autenber

Hi there can you show me where I might be able to find

this file: flexform/includes/custom-post-types/portfolio-type.php

Change : ‘rewrite’ => false,

to : ‘rewrite’ => array( ‘slug’ => ‘work’ ),

I can find the file in the theme files on my desktop, but not when its uploaded to a server. Can you point me in the right direction please, when I search for it using an ftp I get as far as wp-includes but theres no /cutom-post-types

Please get back to me thanks
    Ryan

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    You have asked same question with different topic .
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register