New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Portfolio filter – hide certain categories?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
    davidll

Hello

I still can’t understand the ‘filter our work’ – I’d like to use this feature… but…
    I’d like the drop down filter to show only ‘categories tiles’ in the pages swift ‘portfolio’ selected category.

If a project is in a couple of categories – the filter shows all the categories the project is in.

Is it me, or is that odd / no logic?

Whats a way to work this out?

Is there anyway to hide a portfolio category from the ‘Filter our work’?

Any help appreciated

David

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, I’m afraid the logic is to show all the categories a project is in. It wouldn’t be a good idea to hide the categories, since they are there for a reason.

So I’m afraid you cannot remove them unless you remove the project from the category.

davidll

Hi – Ok. Thanks for the reply.

I really need to hide a portfolio category title from displaying. Any hint / direction to doing this would be really appreciated.

something along the lines of:
    #portfolioList .portfolio_cat-other{ display: none; }

Thanks

David

Roger Henriksen

Hi David,

You may hide the spesific filtering with this kind of code:

li.has-items .category-name {
    display: none;
    }

and still show the item below. But this isn’t a good way to do it because you have to manually check which items you have and remove the unnecessary. There is also a problem if you want to have two portfolio items on the same page (shares the same page-id).

Regards,

Roger

davidll

Hey Roger – I’ll give that a go… and report back.

I noticed, and also commented on ED / Your post about this issue too.

D

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Have you applied code as provided by Roger Henriksen?
    Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

davidll

Hi

I did – Roger’s code didn’t work for me.

The only code I’ve got working so far is:
    .portfolio-filter [data-filter ~= ‘.name’]{display: none;}

– This removes the title, but not the bar/ styling / space. See attached.
    Any help to remove <li class=”span2″> which surrounds that – would be great.

D

davidll

attached!

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please provide specific page URL with this issue so i can suggest you exact solution.
    Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

davidll
    This reply has been marked as private.
    davidll

or the page code is as follows:

<div class="row">
    	<div class="spb_portfolio_widget spb_content_element span12">
    		<div class="spb_wrapper portfolio-wrap">
    			<div class="filter-wrap row clearfix">
    <a href="#" class="select"><i class="fa-align-justify"></i>Filter our work</a>
    <div class="filter-slide-wrap span12 alt-bg alt-one">
    <ul class="portfolio-filter filtering row clearfix">
    <li class="all selected span2"><a data-filter="*" href="#"><span class="item-name">All</span><span class="item-count">0</span></a></li>
    <li class="span2"><a href="#" title="View all All items" class="all" data-filter=".all"><span class="item-name">All</span><span class="item-count">0</span></a></li>
    <li class="span2"><a href="#" title="View all 1988 items" class="1988" data-filter=".1988"><span class="item-name">1988</span><span class="item-count">0</span></a></li>
    <li class="span2"><a href="#" title="View all 2011 items" class="2011" data-filter=".2011"><span class="item-name">2011</span><span class="item-count">0</span></a></li>
    <li class="span2"><a href="#" title="View all ACCESSORIES items" class="accessories" data-filter=".accessories"><span class="item-name">ACCESSORIES</span><span class="item-count">0</span></a></li>
    <li class="span2"><a href="#" title="View all CURATION items" class="curation" data-filter=".curation"><span class="item-name">CURATION</span><span class="item-count">0</span></a></li>
    <li class="span2"><a href="#" title="View all FURNITURE items" class="furniture" data-filter=".furniture"><span class="item-name">FURNITURE</span><span class="item-count">0</span></a></li>
    <li class="span2"><a href="#" title="View all HIGHLIGHTS items" class="highlights" data-filter=".highlights"><span class="item-name">HIGHLIGHTS</span><span class="item-count">0</span></a></li>
    <li class="span2"><a href="#" title="View all KITCHEN_DINING items" class="kitchen_dining" data-filter=".kitchen_dining"><span class="item-name">KITCHEN_DINING</span><span class="item-count">0</span></a></li>
    <li class="span2"><a href="#" title="View all LIGHTING items" class="lighting" data-filter=".lighting"><span class="item-name">LIGHTING</span><span class="item-count">0</span></a></li>
    <li class="span2"><a href="#" title="View all RECENT items" class="recent" data-filter=".recent"><span class="item-name">RECENT</span><span class="item-count">0</span></a></li>
    <li class="span2"><a href="#" title="View all UNIQUE items" class="unique" data-filter=".unique"><span class="item-name">UNIQUE</span><span class="item-count">0</span></a></li>
    </ul></div></div>

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please try to use this code:
    /*Change category-name to category name to hide */

li.has-items < .category-name {
    }

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

davidll

Hi Mohammad

Thanks

I’ve tried that – no luck.

D

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please list category to hide so i can give correct code.
    Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

davidll

Hey

The category name / slug is 1988
    so I’ve tried your code:

li.has-items < .1988 {
    }

This is the code which i’m trying to hide the title (from the ‘filter our work)
    <li class="span2"><a href="#" title="View all 1988 items" class="1988" data-filter=".1988"><span class="item-name">1988</span><span class="item-count">0</span></a></li>

Thanks

David

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register