Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    ad

Hi i have noticed that the portfolio filter option doesnt filter results if it has more than one page. that is if we use pagination.
    technically the firlter option should filter resuts from all pages in pagination. Kindly fix this as it can get tedious to keep adding so many posts on the same page in order to filter results. ideally one wud use pagination.

thanks
    ad

Melanie – SUPPORT

Are you experiencing this on a portfolio on your homepage? If yes, please try if it also happens if you place the portfolio on a subpage.

What’s your website URL? That would help as well, cheers

ad

hi thank u for the prompt response. here is the link where i have used it

Press

Technically the filter should work, according to the content and not th epage. for example.
    if u see this link

Press

i have all the posts on the same page, so the filter very nicely showcases vedio and print (my two catagories) however if i place the content paginated on two pages. then the portfolio filter will show results only from page one. Thus not filtering the result to the optimum. as if some one selects vedio in the filter is shoudl show all the vedio from all the portolio paginated pages.

hope i am able to express the priblem n ur getting what im tryin to explain??

Melanie – SUPPORT

Ah I understand – but I’m afraid this is how the filter works. If you filter page one you will only filter the content on page one, if you filter page two you will only filter the actual page 2. The filter cannot pull content from other pages to the same page.

Cheers

ad

Hmm true. But if we make categories in portfolio section the filter shud technically filter based on category and not the page!! It will be ideal if it filters the entire content of the portfolio category.

Although its not a major issue but i think it adds value to the website user who might not go to page two thinking the filtered results are just ahead of him, there by missing content which is on page2.

I think this could be a valuable feedback to ED and the others in the developer team. Hopefully SwiftIdeas can consider it in the next update.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Unfortunately it would mean that we’d have to make the portfolio not dynamically filterable, and make it either load the whole set of items via AJAX each time you choose a filter, or load a new page. Both would be a lot slower.

– Ed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register