New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Portfolio – a couple of things

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    thethrillmill

I have a number of questions regarding the portfolio:

1. Is it possible to style the portfolio carousel like the gallery portfolio? I’d like to have only 3 larger thumbnails at a time covering the full width with the roll overs like in the gallery mode of the portfolio.

2. I have created multiple categories for my portfolio items, some of which have sub-categories. In the filter tab on the portfolio page, I don’t want to have the parent category button show (but I still want the items from this category to show) as it’s redundant to “all”. Also, is there a way to center the category buttons?

3. Is it possible to change the height x width ratio of the portfolio thumbnails? Right now all of my work is videos and I’d like to change the thumbnails to be 16×9 to reflect that.

4. In portfolio gallery mode, when I roll over the thumbnails it shows a video icon and the portfolio item title. How can I get it to also show the subtitle and client?

5. Where do I find the code to modify the look of the lightbox? I want to get rid of the border and social icons and make the whole thing larger.

6. Is it possible to create a portfolio by simply selecting specific portfolio items rather than an entire category? I often have to create custom portfolios for presentations to perspective clients and it’s really messy to create a new category for each new client every time.

Thanks so much! You guys have been amazing on the support so far.

designprime

3. Is it possible to change the height x width ratio of the portfolio thumbnails? Right now all of my work is videos and Iโ€™d like to change the thumbnails to be 16ร—9 to reflect that.

We also REALLY need to know this please as all our work is video related. Is there no way to respect the original aspect ratio of the image here ?

Thanks,

thosch71

Hi there,

if you choose ‘image’ from the thumbnail options and upload a featured image, this image can have any aspect ratio. Hope this helps.

Best greetings,

thosch

designprime

Hi Thosch,

Thanks for the reply but this doesn’t seem to work. The aspect ration of the thumbnails we’re uploading were already in the correct format but it displays in what appears to be 4:3 ration instead. Also, if we use a thumbnail we can’t seem to get a video to embed on the details page either? If we can’t resolve this we’ll need to go back to using another theme so please can you help.

thethrillmill, sorry for kinda hijacking your thread here. ๐Ÿ™‚

thosch71

Hi guys,

I have put in my portfolio page here an example of what you might want to have. Just scroll down to the bottom end of the red product icons. Works alright for me. You can also switch to video-lightbox in the thumbnail options, if you dont want to acess the detail-page.

Mind, I have out-coded the red hover-thingy actually, cause it doesnt fit into my portfolio design.

Greetings,

thosch

designprime
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

1. The styling is already there just like the gallery portfolios, but having 3 items span full width won’t be possible

2. I think it’s possible with some custom CSS, but I’d need to see that page you have.

3. You can change them in functions.php, where add_image_size() functions are

4. This requires advanced customizations which theme support doesn’t cover. You need to add code to do that in \flexform\includes\page-builder\composer\lib\shortcodes\portfolio.php

5. There is no CSS file for that, the View lightbox plugin adds it dynamically. The file is /js/view.min.js

6. Currently this is not possible with the theme.

Regards,
    โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

Cosmin – Support

thethrillmill
    natevolk

I’m pretty dure you can change the images sizes and cropping in the main wordpress settings. You have to rebuild your thumbnails after, but setting the size you want, then not cropping it seemed to work for me.

thethrillmill
    Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

a) If you want to hide featured and commercial, use this custom CSS (works only as they currently are, in their positions after “All”) :

.filter-wrap .all + li + li, .filter-wrap .all + li + li + li + li + li {
        display: none;
    }

b) To hide the Filter our work text, use this:

.filter-wrap .select, .filter-wrap .select:after {
        display: none;
    }

For videos it’s PrettyPhoto, indeed. The file is js/functions.js (line 787). Check the plugin’s documentation for specifying a particular size. If you need it to stick between updates, you will need to use the Flexform child theme instead.

Regards,
    โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

Cosmin – Support

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register