New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Plug-in and Header Issues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    pinkaboo202

Hi,

I am really getting frustrated. I have followed precisely step by step and keep having issues. Initially I tried installing this using WAMP Server and WordPress on my desktop. After being unsuccessful, I decided to install WordPress via my hosting using the Softaculous installer, and then finally manually installing WordPress. Here’s what I keep running in to after installing the theme:

After installing the Dante theme, I install the plugins, one by one. After installing each plug-in, I begin to activate them, one by one. The Breadcrumbs and Contact plug-ins are fine, but when I begin to install the NextGEN Facebook Open Graph+, Previous and Next Post in Same Taxonomy, oAuth Twitter Feed for Developers, I get a blank white page and am not able to return to my WordPress Dashboard or any other page within the WordPress control panel unless I delete the plug-in from the server. There are no other plug-ins installed.

I have installed, uninstalled, re-installed several times using the methods above and nothing works unless I only have the Breadcrumb and Contact plug-in installed.

The second issue I’m having is the menu. When I tried to use the Main Menu as the main menu, again I’m presented with a blank white page. When I switched to the Pages menu as the main menu, my header is unformatted…see image.

Please help. I’ve been fooling with this for the past three days and nothing seems to be working.

Thanks,
    Pink

pinkaboo202

I’m sorry, I forgot to include a link:

truconcepts.com/districtcouncil20

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Apologies that you’re having issues, If I’d have known I would have advised to contact us sooner so that we can point you in the right direction!

The blank page issue sounds like you may need to increase your php memory on your server. I’d recommend enabling WP_DEBUG within the wp-config.php file, as this will show up an error to explain what’s wrong. http://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG

For information on how to increase your php memory limit, check here – http://dante.swiftideas.net/documentation/#demo-content-import

If ever you get a blank page, that will likely show up the error message, which we can then investigate for you. Just so you know, the issues you are having aren’t likely theme issues, but issues with your server setup – we’re still happy to help you though!

Thanks for contacting us, much better than you getting frustrated!

– Ed

pinkaboo202

Hi Ed,

Sorry for the late response…Thanksgiving holiday.

The issues were with my hosting company. I switched to Site5 and haven’t had any problems thus far.

Thanks for your help.

Pink

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Pink,

No worries!

Glad you managed to sort it, hosting issues are never fun. Best of luck with the theme from here on out, if you have any more questions then please let us know.

– Ed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register