New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Pinterest without image

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    sodafish

Hello

When I click on the pinterest social icon it redirects to pinterest but doesn’t take any of the images with it. Here’s a demo page I’ve set up
    http://184.154.1.124/~sodafish/pages/portfolio-test/

Once clicked on the pinterest icon it should give the option (in pinterest) which of the images to pin, but it’s all empty.

sodafish

I now have sometimes a different icon in the social share bar for ‘pinterest’. Only for pinterest, the rest of the share icons stays consistent. I’ve taken two screenshots and attached it with this message so you can see the difference.
    The weird thing is the black icon still gives no images once in pinterest. But the red icon functions like it should, giving options in pinterest to choose images from. So, if now this could also work with the black icon it would be perfect.

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Do you have any third party social plugin installed that could be conflicting with the social icons code ? .

-Tahir

sodafish

I did install some earlier but just checked and they are all inactive. Could it be they left some code?

BrickellLegal

having same issue.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

I think this is due to the NextGen Facebook Open Graph plugin, which is optional. We don’t have this issue on our demo though.

Can you check if disabling the plugin changes the button back to default? If so, there must be an option to stop this within the plugin!

– Ed

sodafish

Yes, that’s it Ed. Disabling the plugin fixes the issue of displaying another image

sodafish

Ed,
    Just so you are aware of it: The build in social pinterest link does not function. The wrong one (generated with the Nextgen plugin) did function correct.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

What do you mean it doesn’t function? It seems to work perfectly here.

– Ed

sodafish

That’s strange.
    Have a look here: http://184.154.1.124/~sodafish/pages/vinyl-wall-graphics/

If I click the pinterest icon (below the last image) it goes to pinterest but there are no images to choose from. It’s all blank.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Have you set a featured image for that page? You can set it on the right when you edit the page.

– Ed

sodafish

I see. Yes, when I do this it takes that image to pinterest.
    However, that’s not how it should work since there are often more images in a page.
    Here you see what the original pinterest button does:
    http://www.sodafish.com/82384/781892/work/transportation-icons

If you click the pinterest button on the left you will have a choice which image to pin.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

That’s a different type of button though, with the idea of pinning different images.

The pin function we have set up is a rich pin to pin the page, with a featured image for that page.

– Ed

sodafish

I see. Ok, thanks for the explanation Ed.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

You’re welcome!

– Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register