New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Pinterest share button content

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
    fanlokbun

Hi I am trying to improve the content that appears when you click the Pinterest share button on the product page. At the moment I just get the product name and a picture. No link or description.

I have tried WP Open Graph plugin but that just duplicated the already available options in the product page with no Pinterest options. I also tried the WooCommerce Pinterest Pin-it Button plugin which just added a check box that did nothing.

Thanks

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

I’m afraid that’s advanced customisation so you will need to hire a developer to help you with that as it’s not within our scope of support

– Kyle

fanlokbun

Very disappointing. You are right someone needs to hire a developer. I am surprised as the Swift Ideas team don’t usualy accept a Neighbourhood theme fail.

Kyle – SUPPORT

It doesn’t seem to be a ‘fail’ the Pinterest description shows the title of the product. Nut I do agree, it would be better if it used the product description. I will forward to Ed to see if we can change it

– Kyle

fanlokbun

Thanks Kyle, yes it would be a good idea for someone better than me to take a look at it as it is only a few lines of code from Pinterest, less than Facebook and OG.
    This would be a good place to start: https://developers.pinterest.com/pin_it/
    Cheers

Kyle – SUPPORT

I’ve assigned this to Ed, he will likely reply tonight 🙂

– Kyle

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @fanlokbun

This just needs a few extra tags in the header – we usually let plugins take care of this sort of functionality but will likely add the option into the theme soon for ease of use.

For now, I’d recommend using the WordPress SEO plugin. It has social header output code which adds in all the required tags for the various social networks.

Give that a go and let us know.

– Ed

fanlokbun

Thanks Guys,

I allready have the (Yoast) WordPress SEO plugin installed but as far as I can see there is nothing in there that will address this problem.

Or am I missing something?

Rob

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

You can see a guide here: https://yoast.com/social-media-optimization-with-wordpress-seo-by-yoast/

Basically go to SEO -> Social and make sure all is enabled for Facebook/Twitter etc

– Ed

fanlokbun

Sorry Ed are you clear that this post is about “Pinterest share button content” not all social media. Under SEO=>Social there is just Facebook, Twitter and Google+. I have them all enabled but it does nothing for the content of the Pinterest Pinit button. I notice the button doesn’t work properly on your Neighbourhood demo site.

In the article you sent me to on Yoast.com it has the following about Pinterest:

A word on Pinterest

Pinterest’s recent introduction of Rich Pins allows for OpenGraph markup as well, which is something we’re enthusiastic about and are looking into. Expect some work from us with some of the bigger e-commerce plugins for WordPress out there.

– Rob

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

Sorry, missed that you can see the image/description. URLs aren’t allowed in the description on Pinterest as far as I’m aware, but they are added below the image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5e9h50uwjoyre5/Screenshot%202014-09-15%2019.38.37.png?dl=0

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster
    fanlokbun

Hi Ed are you still replying to me? If so I already know how bad the Pinterest share button is in Neghbourhood. I was the one that raised it in the post.

Or are you saying that sharers will go to their Pinterest account, find the link in a pin by editing it (as per your grab) and then retype all the information correctly.

Neighbourhood is a fantactic theme! It is a shame to have a fail caused by just one of 5 share buttons.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Rob, yes – I’m still replying to you? Did you not read my replies? I’ve provided the reason why there is no link included in the description.

I agree it would probably be nice to include the description as well as the title, but we’ll need to look into the best way to set this up.

– Ed

Brookebot

+1 I am also desperately wanting this functionality added to Neighborhood & Dante (since I use both themes). Pinterest description is paramount when others are pinning your content.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register