Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    jazeppi

Hi there,

How would I make a page into a photo gallery with lightbox effect? I know I can make a single image have the lightbox effect, but I need a whole gallery. Kind of confused as to why this wasn’t included initially, or at least I haven’t found it if it is. Please help.

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
    jazeppi

Ben – SUPPORT

This wouldn’t be easily achieved without custom work. I’m quite busy right now I’ll assign this is cosmin and hopefully he’ll have some time free

Thanks
    Ben

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi jazeppi,

You can use WordPress’ native gallery function to do that.

For example, create a Text block element with the Page builder, edit it, then click Add media, create your gallery and insert it. The only problem is a bug with WordPress – even if you set them to link to the Media file, it won’t do it, so you need to then switch to Text view and amend the gallery shortcode that was just inserted.

It must look something like this (the IDs would be your own, don’t change them; the link=”file” is the important bit):

[gallery columns="4" ids="7622,7235,7234,7232,7230,7227,7225,7223" link="file"]

Make sure to add link=”file” to that shortcode, just as I have it here. The lightbox will now work with this gallery.

The whole idea is that, in order to trigger the lightbox, the link must point to the image file itself, not to an attachment page like the gallery function normally does.

Regards,

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register