New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Photo gallery in sidebar

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    cbiger

So,

I’ve played around a bit trying to achieve this, but even though I feel like I am close every single time, I cannot seem to get it right.

Note : Before I get asked, I have tried this on both the site I’m trying to get it working (with plugins and such) and on a truly blank WordPress with just this theme.

What I’m trying to achieve:
    Through a provided widget, I would love being able to bring up a photo-gallery.
    BUT, just like we can with a post’s slider-thumbnail, I want to set it up so that images getting clicked on within this slideshow launch lightbox.

What I’ve tried + results:

Slides:
    – I quickly realised it wasn’t an option as it requires the creation of a new slide for every image :/.
    – But I tried it anyway, and despite the fact that updating this would be a nightmare, clicking on an image simply opens up the image file
    – So I tried and be sneaky… and included a slide of attached-images within a slide, and pointed the widget to this. It did seem to understand a bit of what I was trying to do, but failed.

I was stupid enough to try a “Posts” widget, which obviously did not do the job but… brought me to the most logical solution:

In Focus:
    – Well, I thought, I will just create an article with these images in the thumbnail, setting up the lightbox rule
    – So I did create this page, set-up thumbnail to slider
    – Then I added the “In Focus” widget and… fail, it simply displayed my post’s title ๐Ÿ™

Any way I can achieve this? Would it be much trouble to add an option for a “Slider with attached images from post id ####”. I must admit I do not get why In Focus would not work for this and I assume I must be doing something wrong…

cbiger

By the way, even the thumbnail-slider does not behave as expected:
    – Clicking on the “+” in the right-hand corner does load a lightbox, but it is empty.

Again, tested in two completely separate environments (1 online and one on my local machine).

Thanks in advance… again.

cbiger
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hey,

The + on the thumb slider – I think that’s a bug, the lightbox gets activated there, although it wants to link to the actual post; will try to sort this out with Ed on his return next week.

For the gallery, I’d suggest using WordPress’ default gallery. It outputs a shortcode which you can use in a text widget in a sidebar.

It would look something like this, you need to switch to Classic editor to see it:

[gallery ids="1,2,3,4" cols="3"]

You just need to modify it and have it like:

[gallery ids="1,2,3,4" cols="3" link="file"]

WP doesn’t add the link to the file correctly (it’s a bug in WP), but doing that manually, will work.

Regards,
    โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

Cosmin – Support

cbiger

Hey,

Ok, I just did it using WordPress’ default gallery. It works but is not really too pretty.

Do you think that when Ed fixes “thumb slider” it may be adapted to work as a widget as well? That would be great.

Regards,

Clement

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Which page do you have the thumbnail slider on with the issue? You likely have something set wrong here as there’s nothing wrong with it.

Unfortunately won’t be likely to see this as a widget soon, but I’ll add it to the list!

– Ed

cbiger

Hi Ed,

Well it was on my homepage, but I took it away as it wasn’t wroking. I believe Cosmin did see it in action as well though :).
    A series of X images, selected within the post as miniatures. Then on the homepage, in my “Blog post carrousel”, this particular post would come up, with the miniature-slider working just fine… but a click on a thumbnail was just launching a black empty lightbox.

Thanks for looking into it though, and yes, a widget would be great :).

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Sounds like the lightbox image might not have been set in the meta options?

– Ed

cbiger
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Just checked and that’s working fine here? They need to be linked to file for the lightbox to work.

– Ed

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register