New Landing How can we help? Atelier Performance tuning – known good configs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    ecrotty

Hi guys.

I have seen it mentioned by Ed in the past but I haven’t seen much on it since 2014.

Does anyone have either a good working config / guide to get Atelier to play nice either with Cloudflare’s Rocket Loader or Google’s Pagespeed module using defer_javascript?

Before I spend a lot of time trying to figure out which JS needs to be singled out to load as the page loads (such as the slider), I’d like to see if someone already has all of this information documented.

So far, I’ve been playing around for a day with mixed results and before I move on with a simple CDN for the files, I’d like to see if I can use some of the more advanced techniques…

Thanks!

So far, I’ve been playing around for a day with mixed results.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Will have to forward it to Ed. It’s the best person to advise you on this subject.

Guess you already read these 2 articles.

Load Time Optimization

Speed up your website with MaxCDN

-Rui

ecrotty

Yes, I have looked at those (and others).

To be honest, things are going pretty well with where I am at in regard to speed…

I wanted to see how far I could take it and utilize some more advanced Javascript techniques.

But, so far, it’s not working out too well as the randomized loading of JS is creating issues.

If I knew which scripts to ignore… that MAY be enough to help but if it’s too many / too much work… it probably won’t be worth it.

Thanks for the reply!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Rocket Loader was a bit hit/miss in our testing, usually causing more issues than it was worth. For JavaScript minification/defer have you tried Better WordPress Minify?

– Ed

ecrotty

I have. My apologies for not seeing your response sooner, Ed!

In the end, I went very aggressive on CDN (multiple CNAMEs, etc) and that has helped signifigantly.

I’m happy with where things are — even without Rocket Loader.

Thanks!

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok no problem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register