New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint Password protected pages shows 404

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    nrf

I just updated WP and Pinpoint just to find out that the pages that are protected by password shows 404 upon log in. How come?

nrf

I´ve tried rebuilding the permalinks (they are set to %postname%) and I am 100 % sure that the password is correct.

nrf

Is the theme using any kind of customized login form?

nrf

I switched to the Twentyfourteen theme and then it works. So it has to be at theme-related problem…

nrf

I´ve tried on different computers, smartphones and tablets… And even contacted the host to make sure that the problem is not on their side.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi!

This does not happen on our installations, so if you need help with a specific problem on your website, I would always need to see your site live please.
    Could you tell me your website URL please? You can do so by typing it into a reply.
    If you want to send a private reply that only you and the admins can see it, please scroll down and enable the checkbox to do so.

Also, we might need to check the backend of your website, so to speed things up, could you let me know your login details please?

Thanks and cheers!

coader

I would like to second this problem. I’ve created a new Page and set to “Password Protected”. I get a 404 error (even as the admin). When I revert to Private, I am able to view again.

If & when a fix arises, I would love to learn it!

Thanks!

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi! Can you post up a link to that problem?
    I’d like to check the backend of your website, so to speed things up, could you let me know your login details via a private reply please?

Thanks and cheers!

nrf
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Not sure what’s happened but your site’s probably been hacked, see: http://d.pr/i/18RSa/53FBo9HJ

You might need to start from scratch

– Kyle

nrf

Kyle, that´s been taken care off and I´ve contacted Google regarding the warning but I guess they haven´t had the time to check it yet… But according to the tech-guys at the serverhosting comany everything is ok now. So if you just continue you will see what I ment in my private reply.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Please let me know when the site is clean, I’m not prepared to visit a hacked site that may contain malicious code

– Kyle

nrf

Kyle – The site is clean now. Google cleared all the warnings.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,

@nrf
    – Please provide me FTP login detail because it seems wordpress installation issue.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

nrf
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register