New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint Pageload and Querycount

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    dp

Hi,

great theme, but our first install was unusable due to very long page load times along with many “mysql_connect(): Too many connections” errors.
    So we updated our server plan and noticed some improvements. After upgrading to version 1.5 its even faster, but from time to time there are page loads up to 45 seconds (maybe refreshing the internal wp cache?).

Is there a chance to decrease the number of database queries? Like bulk actions for options, e.g. in custom-styles.css.php.

<b>Edit:</b> I switched from the old mysql_* to mysqli_.

Thank you

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

Not sure how WordPress gets along with mysqli, never used it over mysql

That being said, you’re the first person I hear with this issue, so I don’t think it’s theme related, but more likely related to your web server and setup (again, mysqli).

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

dp

Thanks for your reply.

After time spending for debugging and profiling i think it’s not the database. Although mysqli is fine, too.

Does anybody else encounter performance problems with 1and1? We also upgraded the plan but no luck at all.

Does the theme or the demo content communicate to external resources? RPC calls?

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

On 1and1 – can’t say much about them, dealt with them only one time with a customer (not Pinpoint), and had to switch to a different host as the site was slow and they had a lot of restrictions in place.

The theme doesn’t make any external calls except the case when you use/embed social media or external videos.

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register