New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Page Speed Insight says Remove Render=Blocking Javascript

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Red

Hello,

I checked my page speed with Google PageSpeed Insights and I was given this information:

Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content

Your page has 2 blocking script resources and 11 blocking CSS resources. This causes a delay in rendering your page.
    None of the above-the-fold content on your page could be rendered without waiting for the following resources to load. Try to defer or asynchronously load blocking resources, or inline the critical portions of those resources directly in the HTML.
    Remove render-blocking JavaScript:

http://psychopathsandlove.com/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js
    http://psychopathsandlove.com/…includes/js/jquery/jquery-migrate.min.js

Is it possible to remove these things? If so, how do I go about it?

It also said I must optimize CSS delivery and gave me a long list of files.

“You should avoid and minimize the use of blocking JavaScript, especially external scripts that must be fetched before they can be executed. Scripts that are necessary to render page content can be inlined to avoid extra network requests, however the inlined content needs to be small and must execute quickly to deliver good performance. Scripts that are not critical to initial render should be made asynchronous or deferred until after the first render. Please keep in mind that for this to improve your loading time, you must also optimize CSS delivery.”

Thank you for your help!

Red

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Both of those files are loaded by WordPress core – not the theme. The issue with WordPress is most plugins load the files in the header to ensure they are loaded when the plugin content needs them.

Best bet is to try using plugins such as Better WordPress Minify – as you can control the placement of the scripts.

– Ed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register