New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Only partial translation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    rely27

I’ve been using the plugin loco translate to manage the translation in French, but in the end the website is just partially translated and I have no idea why, for example the Posted By, By remain in english. Any idea why ?

I’m using the latest wordpress version 3.8.1 (in French) as well as the Dante theme 2.5

My website : http://www.la-thailande-et-l-asie.com

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    I recommend downloading PO Edit, from http://www.poedit.net/. Once you have installed please follow the steps below:

1. Open the /dante/languages/ folder and duplicate the en_US.po file, then rename it to your desired language code. For example; for German you need to re-name it as de_DE.po for Spanish es_ES.po for Turkish tr_TR.po etc. You can find all the codes from this link http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language
    2. Then you will need to open the .po file in PO Edit. Once opened, you will see all strings that needs to be translated. Type the translation of a string into the “Translation” column. Do not delete or edit “Original string” part.
    3. When you finish translating, save the file. This will create an .mo file in the same directory.
      Upload the new files into the languages folder of the theme /wp-content/themes/dante/languages/ and then follow this guide: http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress_in_Your_Language#Single-Site_Installations
    sebcaverne

I’m agree with Rely27 some words or sentences are not translate. And when i’m looking for it in the po file it appears…
    example : in Blog the “posted by” item
    Posted by %1$s on <span class=\”date updated\”>%3$s</span> in %4$s
    Posté par %1$s sur <span class=\”date updated\”>%3$s</span> dans %4$s

There is “Follow” in the swift frameworks tweets for widget

Any idea ?

Thanks

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    It is translate ready in French . have you put define(‘WPLANG’, ‘fr_FR’); in wp-config.php . Please try with another machine .

Thanks

sebcaverne

Yes the translation is ready in French but some sentence are not… even if it is in the .po files…
    It’s very strange.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    The developer of theme will assist you very soon .
    Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

sebcaverne

Thanks Mohammad

sebcaverne

Maybe it would be interesting ! Even if i disable the name and date option in blog options…

The words Posted in appears on top of blog article… This words are not translated

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @sebcaverne,

Have you tried the included French translation file? Please make sure you are also using the latest version of the theme.

– Ed

sebcaverne

My last version 2.5 (update by wp) I think it’s the last one ???. I’ll try to download it seperatly and upload po & mo french files.

sebcaverne

In the sf-post-formats.php file, there is :

'By <a href="%2$s" rel="author">%1$s</a> on %3$s'
    'By <a href="%2$s" rel="author">%1$s</a>'

But i can’t find it in the fr_FR.po file… Is it right ?
    Only 'By <a href="%2$s">%1$s</a> on %3$s' & 'By <a href="%2$s">%1$s</a>'

sebcaverne

Ok, i took 5 minutes to create a new french translate files with the US.po … Everything is ok.. I think the French po files with dante theme 2.5 is old version.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Glad that you sorted the issue and please attach your new translated file here . I will be thankfull to you .
    Thanks

rely27

Yes seb I would like the files too, I still got the problem on my site and don’t have much time to recreate a french version from scratch. Thanks.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

@sebcaverne Waiting for your reply .

Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register