New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante One Page Top Menu Acting Funny on Scroll

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    gotmike

I’m having a problem when the website is scrolled down, in certain sections the proper menu item is underlined, but others it jumps back to home instead of staying on the proper one.

I assume it has to do with the anchors but I’m not sure how to set them for all elements.

I saw this post: http://www.swiftideas.com/forums/topic/one-page-navigation-active-section-detection/

And I do have the one page nav enabled, but I’m talking about the menu top of the page.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

I clicked in all the dots and it worked fine for me. Can you provide a specific example?

-Rui

gotmike

not when u click on the dots.

again, this is in reference to the TOP MENU.

and it’s not when you click, it’s when you scroll.

so as you scroll down, look at the top menu, you will see the sections are actually setup so the highlighting and underline should move sequentially to the right as you scroll.

but that’s not what happens, it starts at home, then goes to listings, then goes back to home, then goes to track record, etc…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

I understand now, not sure about this one will forward to my colleague.

-Rui

gotmike

okay, so this problem has gotten weirder. same issue on the home page, but also the menu wasn’t working at all on sub-pages.

so when i go to a sub-page, b/c the link target is only “#target” the menu doesn’t work. sub-pages don’t have these sections.

then i changed to “http://xxx#target” and it now works on sub-pages but back on the home page all the menu items are highlighted all the time…

any help here?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

The link should only be #target and not http://xxx#target.

You can set different menus for each page if you need to setup internal pages.

I now see an underline for each menu item?

gotmike

yes, the underline is showing up.

BUT… as you scroll down the page, it is intermittently going back to HOME in between.

So as you go down, the line goes:

Home
    Listings
    Track Record
    Home
    About Us
    Home
    Contact Us

gotmike

and since you mention it, how do i setup menus for internal pages?

team, individual team members, portfolio, individual portfolio items?

i don’t see that option on these sections. i guess maybe they aren’t considered “pages”?

gotmike

ok, i’m ready to deliver this site to a client, but need this menu item sorted out…

please help!

David Martin – Support

PLEASE NOTE: Adding an extra reply to your topic, as per our support policy, will take it back in the queue and take us longer to reply to you. Please refrain for doing this. If you need to add extra info, then please edit your last reply..

It looks to be marking “home” as active if the current section does not have an ID.

Is it safe for us to make some changes to the page or are you showing this to the client currently? Let us know and we will resolve.

Thanks.

gotmike

yes, you can make changes. go ahead.

also please let me know about this…

how do i setup menus for internal pages?

team, individual team members, portfolio, individual portfolio items?

i don’t see that option on these sections. i guess maybe they aren’t considered “pages”?

David Martin – Support

Hi,

You cannot set different menus for custom types, ex: single team, single portfolios ect. You can only set custom menus for pages.

So, for your one-page nav “Homepage” you’d use a custom menu. All other internal pages would use the default menu which would allow deep linking/standard links and not the one-page links ex: #about

gotmike

gotcha… so kindof the opposite of what i was trying to do.

makes sense.

i was able to make that change.

now i just need the “jumpy” menu fixed. (the original reason for this post)

i assume that has something to do with the id of the elements?

i see the spacers have a value set for ID but other sections do not… should I change something there?

David Martin – Support

Hi,

The homepage link is active because it’s the current page.

When the on page nav detects you are on a section name that corresponds to a menu item, that menu item is marked as active.

The active menu marker is removed when no section is found that corresponds to the menu, and the “Homepage” active menu marker is restored to the “home” link because you are still technically on the homepage, ie the current page.

You could look to remove that indicator, using this CSS:

.home li.current_page_item.menu-item-home > a{
     color: #000;
    }
    .home li.menu-item-home > a span.nav-line {
      display: none  !important;
    }

gotmike

so in the end the issue was that i had spacers with “spacer_id” set to values that did not exist in the menu.

what i ended up doing is leaving the “spacer_name” to the non-menu names, but changed the “spacer_id” to an adjacent section.

this solved the issue with no need for CSS.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register