New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood one edit changes everything to lower case

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
    creatorofstuff

This is driving me crazy.

On an existing page, if I make an edit on an existing text block using the Swift Page Builder, everything in that text block changes to lower case, and I have to go back and fix it all.

Makes it hard to edit anything.

Please help. Thank you.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

That wouldn’t be a theme issue, try deactivating all of your plugins

– Kyle

creatorofstuff
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    I just resolve the issue so please check. i commented this line of code at functions.php of child theme:-

//$translated_text = strtolower($translated_text);

Thanks
    Mohammad

creatorofstuff

You definitely solved the problem! Excellent. Thank you!!

Unfortunately, it did cause another problem. I believe that php code was suggested to me (by you) in this thread:

full width text block – want title only

Is there a way to fix both problems at the same time?

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,

Please find this code:-
    case '<p>this is a full width text block. click the edit button to change this text.</p>' :

Replace with:-
    case '<p>This is a full width text block. Click the edit button to change this text.</p>':

Thanks
    Mohammad

creatorofstuff

That code broke my site completely. It took me several hours to figure it out but a friend who knows php pointed out the lack of quotes. Once I changed it to this, the site is back up:

case “'<p>This is a full width text block. Click the edit button to change this text.</p>'”;

Unfortunately, this does not help the situation. This problem still remains:

Do you have any other suggestions? The original code given to me worked like a charm, but it was apparently negated by the code you gave me at the beginning of this thread, which solved the problem of everything changing to lower case all the time.

I’d love to have both problems solved at the same time, if possible.

๐Ÿ™

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please try this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/real-time-find-and-replace/ and let me know your feedback.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

creatorofstuff

I don’t need a “find and replace plugin”. I know how to do a find and replace using Text Wrangler or any editor. That’s not my question. (But thank you.)

First, the problem of everything changing to lower case when I open to edit is solved. Yay. Thank you for that.

But, as I said above, that solution created another problem, which was originally solved in this thread:

Essentially, I want to have a full width text block that only has a title – no content. I don’t want it to say, “This is a full width text block. Click the edit button to change this text.” I just want it to be blank. No spaces, nothing. I had this working until applying the code from this thread. But now it’s back to how it was originally, with that message.

How can that be fixed? Thank you.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    I resolved it so please check.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

creatorofstuff

You did! Thank you ever so much. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    You most welcome. Feeling happy to help you ๐Ÿ™‚ .
    Thanks
    Mohammad

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register