Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    businessdata

On activating this plug-in, I get a fatal error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class OAuthException in /home/sites/blablabla.com/public_html/wpress/wp-content/plugins/oauth-twitter-feed-for-developers/oauth/OAuth.php on line 8

Which from my research may indicate there is another plug-in that is also utilising OAuthException resulting in a clash. However, I have added no additional plug-ins aver the ones that came with this theme.

I am using the latest WordPress 3.5.2 – perhaps this latest update is causing the issue?

I see other theme authors have received support requests relating to this problem on WordPress 3.5.2 and they have been able to provide a fix.

Please can you look at this as a matter of urgency as a Twitter feed is an important feature. Thank you.

Ben – SUPPORT

Hey,

Have you made sure you’re using the right codes for your twitter account?

I’ll try and get ed in here to see if he knows about any issues or fixes

Thanks
    Ben

businessdata

Hi Ben

The plug-in doesn’t activate, so therefore its settings box does not appear meaning I am unable to enter my Twitter codes. Btw I have used oAuth for Twitter etc in another WordPress site on a different server so I know how to get it running once I have the plug-in activated.

Chris

businessdata

Issue does not seem to be addressed in your latest update 1.2. Can someone please take a look at this? Thanks

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

We’re unable to replicate this issue here. We have it working perfectly on our side.

WordPress – Version 3.5.2
    Twitter oAuth Feed for Developers – Version 2.0.3

– Ed

businessdata

OK, my bad luck then.

businessdata

Seeing as I have loads of free time(not), I will research other oAuth plug-ins that will do the job and report back here in case anyone else requires an alternative to Twitter oAuth Feed for Developers.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

I would assume that something is wrong with your setup, rather than the plugin. I can’t see any reason why it would work for us, but not for you apart from that.

– Ed

businessdata

You are no doubt right, although it would be impossible for me as a non-developer to find out where the problem lies. Straightforward install of WordPress, which I have done a hundred times previously, followed by straightforward install of the Neighborhood theme, though required 5 or 6 attempts to load the sample data. No extra plug-ins installed.

Now I am testing other plug-ins that utilise oAuth and so far all have installed without problem. Looks like ‘Latest Tweets’ plug-in is doing the job.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Great, glad you got it working.

– Ed

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register