Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Posted in: Clique
    solidsponge

Hi

I have reinstalled 4 times, deleted it from server and I have also reinstalled wordpress completely from scratch.

What happens is this: I upload, upload xml, copy and paste text. Get all your comments, pages etc.

Now I change the start page to portfolio and its blank. I click any page and they are black just with the header and footer.

If I try and add the menu from customize – nothing, just a blank gap instead and some blank buttons, it doesnt preview it, doesnt show it ‘main menu’.

What am I doing wrong here? Ive spent the entire day trying to work it out, Im obviously doing something completely wrong.

Site blank:
    http://twistedshotgun.com/rs/

But say a portfolio item:
    http://twistedshotgun.com/rs/?portfolio=modal-windows

Appears here ^ but isnt appearing anywhere else. Then say the demo gallery will appear in the edit page, but if you click view nothing appears.

Not sure what to do really, it just isn’t working for me at all.

solidsponge

12 hours later…

You know what it is? Its because I did not have ‘WordPress Shortcodes’ installed, which your theme needs or it completely goes blank on portfolio and other rich pages.

It might be an idea to mention this in the documentation because shortcodes doesnt come with wordpress or didn’t for me at least. Just luck I happened to install it ๐Ÿ™‚

If not there is this post to use for information:

Issues:
    Blank portfolio/homepage, blank gallery pages, blank rich pages (just header and footer, logo) no menus.

Solution:
    Click ‘Plugins folder’ > click ‘add new’ (near top) > search ‘shortcodes’ > find and install ‘WordPress Shortcodes’ > activate it. Theme should now work.

๐Ÿ™‚

solidsponge

Maybe solution not that actually. As I didnt know but as I was adding that plugin above my web host was changing the permissions on my folders (although I thought they were ok apparently not) so I think it was a permissions issue, so if you have same issue look at putting all files 644 and folders 755.

Great theme by the way guys, thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Melanie – SUPPORT

Great ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register